Chapter 18

*The lights flash off*

"Seriously! What the hell?" Janine says, stomping her foot.

"Oh shit...I just realized something!" Rachel said.

"Good for you, but shut up," Janine whispered fiercely, glaring at Rachel.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, shut up," Janine covered Rachel's mouth with her hands. "I could've sworn I'd heard something,"

The two girls listened in the darkness of Walmart. Nothing could be heard except for the rain hitting against the roof on that cheap material that they called a roof.

"You must be hearing things Jani-"

There was a moment of silence, followed the a gun shot. It ricochet off the metal grocery cart, hitting with a bang.

Janine looked into Rachel's eyes.

"Marta,"

They took of running, through the isles, fear sat the pit of their stomachs. They couldn't see where they were going, and had no idea where Marta was, or what she was planning.

The sounds of broken glass and gun shots filled the air, ringing in Janine's ears, but she kept running.

Suddenly, all was quiet.

"Finally, we've lost her....but we still need to get out of here," Rachel said.

Janine didn't reply.

"Janine?"

The loudspeaker suddenly turned on.

"Say goodbye to Janine..."

Followed by a gun shot, and a scream.

___________________________

I'm back! And for good this time! I'm back into my writing groove, and ready for more! I think that I am going to try and make this book about 35 chapters...or something like that! I hope you are enjoying the story, and please remember to

FOLLOW
         VOTE
               AND
                     COMMENT!

Seriously though, please comment because I absolutely love reading them!

Happy reading!