Chapter 8

As Stephanie and Shelina exited the office, and walked along the musty hallway, an important thought popped into Shelina's head.

"Uh oh," she sighed.

"What happened?" Stephanie said, alarmed.

"We forgot to get the papers with the starting lineup," Shelina said.

Stephanie groaned, "I guess we'll have to go back and get them,"

"Yeah..."

"Do you really think that Jill would mind if we didn't grab them?" Steps asked after a few moments.

Shelina laughed, "she's probably expecting us to bring her them right now!"

"Yeah, I guess," Steph said with a smile.

"I like it when you smile," Shelina said quietly under her breath.

"Excuse me?" Steph said.

Cough cough "sorry, I just had something in my throat,"

"Mhm," Stephanie smirked.

"Oh...also...there's something I've been meaning to ask you, Shelina," Stephanie began.

Shelina felt her face heat up.

"Sure," she said weakly.

Stephanie leaned in closer.

"Would you...gosh, this is embarrassing," Stephanie blushed.

"No, don't worry about it," Shelina said. She could feel butterflies in her stomach.

"Okay....would you...uh...go get the papers for me? I've got some stuff that I need to do," Stephanie said quickly.

"Of course I'll go out with...what?" Shelina said.

"Thank you soo much...I owe you one," Stephanie said, giving Shelina a light pat on the back.

"Yeah...no problem..." Shelina smiled nervously, as Stephanie ran off.

"Well," Shelina thought, "I believe that I just got...friend-zoned,"

And it really, really hurt.

***

"Look Rach, I'm about to tell you something that you have to promise not to tell anybody else," Janine said to Rachel, as they sat in the lobby.

"I promise," Rachel replied.

"Okay," Janine took a breath, "I have feelings for Tobin. More than friends type of feelings,"

"I know,"

"How?!" Janie said, "I haven't told anybody about this,"

"Really, Janine. It's not that hard to tell. The way you look at her, smile at her, talk to her. Everybody on the team knows...well, except Tobin," Rachel replied with a smirk.

"Damn," Janine said, under her breath.

"Tobin liked Meghan though, so-"

"Don't even get me started on that, Rach,"

"How could you not like Meghan? She's so nice!"

"She's stealing my girl,"

"She never was your girl!" Rachel pointed out.

Janine sighed, "look, I have a plan, and I think that you're just the person to help me with it,"

"Look, Janine. I don't want to get caught up in all of this. We're on this team to play football. Not to pick fights with other teammates," The blonde Brit said, crossing her arms.

"Rachel has a good point," Janine thought. Rachel was a good soccer player, and teammate. It was highly unlikely that she would sabotage a teammate.

Janine decided to try one last time.

"Look, Rach...I completely understand...the last thing that we need is drama. But with Meghan around, that's going to be impossible! If we put her in her place, there won't be any trouble at all," Janine smiled.

"Yeah...I guess you're right," Rachel said with uncertainty.

"Awesome...now here's the-"

There was a blood curdling scream.

Rachel and Janine stared each other in the eye.

"W-w-was that...Kadeisha?" Janine whispered.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling that something's up...let's go check it out," Rachel said, as the two girls snuck into the dark staircase, making their way all the way up to the top floor.