Chapter 2

Janine Beckie knew perfectly well what to expect with the girls on this new team. She knew everybody.

Everybody but one person, who goes by the name of Meghan Klingenberg.

"Ah, well. I'll find out who she is eventually," she thought.

As Janine made her way to the hotel lobby in search of her best friend, Tobin Heath, she made sure to look around for unfamiliar faces.

"Janine!" A voice suddenly called. Janine whipped her head around quickly, causing her ponytail to smack her in the face.

"Ow," she winced.

She immediately forgot about the pain as soon as she saw Tobin emerge from down the hallway.

"Tobin? Tobin!" Janine yelled to her best friend.

They immediately charged towards each other, wrapping their arms around each other in a big hug.

"I've missed you soo much!" Janine exclaimed.

"I've missed you too," Tobin replied, as she pulled away from the hug.

The two girls walked alongside each other all the way to Tobin's room.

"You've got to meet my roomie...she seems pretty cool," Tobin told Janine.

"Oh! That sounds...great," Janine said, a cold tone in her voice. It wasn't her fault that she felt jealous. Her friendship with Tobin was just too strong, and she didn't want Tobin to ditch her for someone else.

Tobin knocked on the door of her room, and smiley brunette opened the door.

"Hi Tobin!" She said, "whose your friend?" She smiled at me.

"This is my best friend, the one hat I told you about...Janine Beckie?" Tobin said, pointing at me.

"So Tobin had been talking about me?" Janine grinned at the thought of that.

"Cool! Yeah I remember...nice to meet you, Janine," Tobin's roomie says, outstretching a hand for Janine to shake.

"And what's your name?" Janine asked with curiosity. She had never met this girl before.

"I'm Meghan Klingenberg,"

Janine's jaw dropped.

"So you're the Meghan Klingenberg girl?" Janine said hottily.

Meghan awkwardly laughed, "well, that's my name...so...I guess," she shrugged.

"Well, Meghan, Tobin and I have some things to do, so we'll catch up with you later, kay?" Janine said, as she grabbed Tobin's hand, and dragged her out of the room, kicking the door shut behind her.

"Dude, what was that?" Tobin said, as soon as the door shut.

"What was what?" Janine innocently asked.

"That whole act that you put on! You made it seem like you didn't like her!" Tobin exclaimed.

"Well, ya don't say," Meghan thought.

"Or maybe you're just jealous..." Tobin said, turning away from Janine.

"Jealous? Me? No, Tobin...I just wanted to spend time with my best friend," Janine lied.

Tobin cracked a smile, "well, okay. I want to spend some time with you too,"

"Wanna go to the coffee shop downtown?" Janine suggested.

"Why not?" Tobin replied, as the two girls began their walk through the hotel.

Janine had gotten just what she wanted. To get Meghan out of the way, so that she could have some alone time with Tobin.

But little did Janine know, Meghan wanted the exact same thing.