>>ELEVEN <<

CHAPTER ELEVEN || TEAR STAINS

______                                                

______                                                

      MY TEETH GRAZED MY LIP,
running delicately across the smooth surface. His eyes tracked the movement, blazing a hot red for a second. His touch sent a surge of warmth blooming from my fingertips, inward to my entire body, enveloping me completely in the sensation. By the way he rested comfortably on the bed, I knew my touch had the same effect. My entire focus, my entire being was focused on him, and him alone, and his on me.

Kira's mom is being taken to a hospital in Palo Alto.

They actually put her in a helicopter.

His voice floated into my mind, as if he were talking without speaking. Words he spoke only for me.

Scott and I have been sitting criss- cross applesauce facing one another where we perched on his bed, both hands entwined. We've been in this position for approximately an hour or two, not a word being spoken aloud to one another, but instead through our minds.

We can talk to one another with our minds.

How cool is that?

But she's going to be okay? I replied, my brow furrowing in worry for the women who helped us with our insane plan despite it being, well, insane.

Scott was nodding as he "spoke." Yeah. She just doesn't heal like she used to. Kira needs to be there with her, though. Especially if she's still on the list.

So she's gone again. I thought, not sure whether to be happy or sad by the revelation. Of course, everything that's happened to her lately is awful and I'm incredibly empathetic and ready to be there for her if she needs me, but at the same time, the selfish, deepest, darkest tiniest part of me, furthest out of reach, the part that swayed me to abandon everyone a year ago, is secretly relieved. It's no secret something happened between Kira and Scott before I returned, something he swore was over, and not even a thing to begin with, and I couldn't help the territorial part of me that always growled at the kitsune that so clearly has feelings for my boyfriend. I sighed. Well, maybe that's for the best. You're right, she is still on the list, and Kira is too. They'll be safer.

Scott nodded, not responding.

Well I should get going- Liam's waiting for me to get him from the hospital since Justin took another shift and can't take him himself. Besides, I have a feeling something happened on that hospital roof he's not telling me. He seems off.  I gave Scott's hands a squeeze before getting up, him following close behind.

Scott wrapped me in a hug, nodding against my shoulder.  I know. I got that feeling, too. You should talk to him sooner rather than later. I actually have to go back to the hospital, too. They want to do a bunch of tests since I was kind of officially dead. Both of us actually.