||5.05||

I WAS STILL SORT OF SHAKEN AS STILES stopped in front of my house, both of us sitting in silence, knowing there was more to be said. I didn't exit, and Stiles put the car in park, turning off the ignition.

"We can't tell anyone." he murmured, and I flinched.

"He would understand Stiles, it was self defense, and I was there, I can back you up-"

"No, Indi!" he shouted, and I fell silent immediately, and suddenly the stench of guilt filled the car. "Sorry. It's just.. it's Scott, Indi. He doesn't kill."

I shook my head. "He loves you, Stiles. He'd understand."

"Indi, stop." His voice broke, and it broke something inside of me. "It's his golden rule, okay? 'Thou in the McCall Pack shall not kill', or whatever, and that includes self defense. He'd hate me. He'd never look at me the same. He wouldn't understand. Because he's Scott McCall-"

"And Scott McCall doesn't kill." I finish in a whisper. He sighs next me.

"I won't tell him." I speak after a considerable silence, and Stiles moves to speak, but I talk over him, my eyes boring deep into his. "I won't tell him, but you should. You should before he finds out someway else. He should hear it from you first."

And I'm out of the car before he could respond, not looking back, even as he throws the poor jeep into drive, careening down the road.

I give myself a moment to calm myself before I slid my key into the lock on the front door. Knowing it was late, I was cautious upon entering. If my mother woke up, I'd never hear the end of her lecture about "curfews and responsibility", even though I've habitually come home later for years before, but considering she's still going strong with the whole "involved mother" thing, I've been given a curfew for the first time in five years.

As for Justin, i was blissfully informed by my brother that he'd be stuck with graveyard shift at the hospital- which was a blessing but yet a curse. He'd make any lecture from my mother short lived and at a much lower volume, but on the other hand, he'd turn the whole thing into some life lesson I could walk away from to make the world better with my "newfound knowledge" on getting home at a reasonable hour.

Shuddering at the thought, I closed the heavy wooden door without so much as a creak. When I turned around, the sight that greeted me caused my heart to leap out of my chest.

"Claire, you scared the crap out of me!" I hissed, keeping my voice low. "What the hell are you doing in my house in the middle of the night?"

Claire only smiled softly, rising from where she sat in a recliner in the living room.

"Wait a second.." I began, my eyebrows scrunching together. "How did you get in?"

Every bone in my body screamed with unease, and suspicion, especially after the vision/ dream/ memory today. The one that told me Claire was my sister. And despite my efforts to keep Claire unsuspecting of this knowledge, I got the feeling she already knew if the sly look on her face was anything to go by.

"Oh, your brother let me in." she replied flippantly, voice loud in the silence of the house, her blue eyes roaming around the dark room, before they flicked to meet mine. "Or should I say our  brother."

My skin crawled, and my blood ran cold at the way she casually slipped the revelation into the conversation, and the way her whole facade crumbled with it.

I swallowed hard. "How long have you known?"

Claire's eyes narrowed at me, a look of pure hate replacing her usually sweet and happy face. Perhaps hate is how she usually looks. "The better question is how long have you known?"

I shook my head. "It's... a long story, but... I found out today."

"Liar." Claire sneered. "You've always known, haven't you? You've always known how our parents stole my life away from me. How you stole my life from me!"

I struggle to find words, fumbling. "Claire, no, you... you tried to kill us. Multiple times! We didn't steal anything from you!"

Claire let out a mirthless laugh, shaking her head, tracing the edge of the side table with her claws. So she is a werewolf; I couldn't be sure, since Liam wasn't born one.

Liam. How did he not hear the conversation? How come he let Claire in, and then left her alone? Where was he?

"Where's Liam?" I asked, voice shaking, and I already knew she did something evil from the malicious smirk on her face.

"Oh, he's in the dining room." she replied carelessly, still running a claw over the furniture. "With Elizabeth."

Elizabeth is our mother's name, and Claire's casual demeanor forced my breathing to quicken to a state of panic, my legs weak so I couldn't move.

My eyes dart to the kitchen which was connected to the living room, and from the kitchen I would reach the dining room. Only one thing stood in the way- Claire.

She seemed to notice the plan forming in my head, because she growled, letting her eyes glow, and I wasn't sure if I was surprised or unimpressed at the fact they grew a cold blue, like mine.

She seemed satisfied that my eyes were the same color as hers, and she let the rest of her wolf features bleed onto her face, before she roared a challenging roar, and it was automatic that I did the same as we squared up, Claire's back to my destination, standing firmly in my way.

"Why are you doing this, Claire?" the fangs in my mouth slurred the question, the words coming out in a growl, Claire's doing the same.

"Because I need your power. I need to kill you."

She charges then, and I just barely manage to block her claws as they swing for my neck. She's fast- faster than a beta should be, even one who killed.

Or maybe her eyes are blue for the same reason as mine.

I'm broken from this thought as she lunges at me again, and I'm quick to duck under the offending arm, gripping her wrist before pulling it back, pinning her arm to her back. She bucks against me, growling, struggling, and I growl back, holding tight.

"Claire, we barely know each other." I protest, trying to get in a conversation while I had her attention. "Why do you want to kill me?"

"I don't want to kill you- I have to kill you!" she hisses. "It's the only way to inherit the alpha power!"

I'm shocked still then, my brain not quite comprehending what shes talking about, and as I'm pondering it, she manages to break free from my grip, immediately slamming my head onto the side table, breaking it, and stunning me.

She slams it again, on the hard wood floor this time, pinning me there before revealing a glowing purple needle. Wolfsbane.

"Wait, don-!" I try, but it was too late as she jammed it into my neck, pushing down the plunger, and all of my movements ceased as a purple haze filled my brain.

____