||5.05.5||

I SIGHED, CLOSING THE DOOR TO THE SPARE BEDROOM LIAM WAS IN careful not to wake him after I promised I wouldn't leave until he'd fallen asleep. I stood by the door for a minute before shuffling my feet awkwardly, a little lost on what to do now.

It wasn't like this was the first time I had stayed at Scott's house- in fact, the last time both Liam and I were here, it was after he had been poisoned by Garrett, and Scott and I had learned that Stiles and Lydia broke the final third of the Deadpool, the one that had the rest of the pack's names on it. Scott had insisted Liam and I stay over, and we ended up counting blood money while Liam slept in the guest room, and I slept in Scott's bed.. with him. (But not with him with him, you know what I mean.)

In fact, every time I have stayed at Scott McCall's house, I ended up sleeping in his bed. Only all of those times were different- Scott was either single or with me during those times, he never had a girlfriend that wasn't me whenever I stayed, and now that he's with Kira, I'm not even sure what to do.

"Indi?" Scott's whisper sounded from behind me, and I spun around, smiling awkwardly and weakly.

"Hey, I was just.. Liam just.. you know.." Well, he probably didn't know since I didn't actually say anything coherent.

Scott nodded nonetheless, and who am I kidding, of course he knows. He's Scott McCall- where my thoughts go, his do too. Sure, recently more than ever, especially considering it started to falter after Kate broke the bond, but it was back, and damn, was it helpful and scary all at the same time.

"So, um, I'll just.." I trailed off, unsure.

Scott's eyes widened. "Oh shit I only have one spare bedroom.."

I nod awkwardly.

He rubs his chin before shrugging. "So you can sleep in my bed."

My heart starts to pound at his casual statement, and my mind immediately flits to Kira- Kira who probably wouldn't be too fond of me sleeping in the same bed as her boyfriend. "Y-your bed?" I repeat pathetically, and Scott nods.

"Yeah, I'll be on the couch." He's already moving, grabbing one of the pillows off the bed, along with one of the three blankets he always has pilled on.

Guilt curls in my stomach. "Scott, I'm not kicking you out of your own bed."

We both freeze, pulled back to another time, a time when I said those same words, and we ended up sealing our mate bond.

A different time indeed.

"It's fine, Indi." he smiles. "My dad isn't crashing there anymore, so it's free."

"And I'll take it." I state, moving to grab the worn pillow on the left side of the bed- the side that used to be my side, and part of me wonders if it's Kira's side now.

"She doesn't sleep here, if that's what you're wondering." he whispers, suddenly behind me, and I become all too aware I had been staring at the pillow for a long time. "In fact, we haven't even spent a night in the same room."

I let that sink in, not sure what to make of it, knowing Scott moved faster with Allison and I, and then shake the thought from my head. "I wasn't." I answer shortly, grabbing the first blanket on the bed, brushing past him.

"Indi, stop- this is ridiculous." he calls, and I do stop, rolling my eyes.

"Seriously, I'm taking the couch. What's ridiculous is you offering me your bed in your house when-" I start, turning to face him, and his face is serious, too serious, and I stop.