||5.02||

Honestly I didn't write much of 2 just a little Dunbar family thing whOOPS.

___

"LIAM! LIAM! LIAM! LIAM! LI-"

A snarl interrupts my chanting, and a pair of bloodshot blue eyes peeks out from under the pillow. "Go away!" He squints at the megaphone in my hand. "And was that really necessary?"

I grin down at my little brother, ruffling his chaotic bedhead. "Extremely." He groans as I sit on his back.

"One of these days you're going to crush me. We're not kids anymore, Indi, it hurts." he complains, well, whines.

"Was that a fat joke?" I gasp, mock offended, and he groans again.

"I think my ribs are broken." he feigns in a croaky voice, and I snort, grabbing his pillow and throwing it across the room.

"They'll heal." I shrug, standing back up and yanking off the covers, exposing his plaid pajama pants and white tee shirt, snorting. "It's so cute you still match your PJ's."

He glares. "Your sisterly concern is astounding. And I'm not going to school- too tired."

Rolling my eyes as he curls in on himself, already drifting back off, I lift the megaphone back up to my mouth, aiming it at his ear. "Well you wouldn't be so tired if you stayed at the hospital like you were supposed to and went to bed at a reasonable hour." Ignoring his complaints, I put the megaphone on his bedside table. "Werewolves still need sleep, Li, especially puppies."

"The puppy jokes still aren't, and never will be amusing." he pouts. "And I had to leave- how else would we have known Scott was in trouble?"

I roll my eyes, ignoring the sting at Scott's name. "Scott clearly had everything under control." I explain, referring to the way he single handedly chased off the creepy murderer.

Liam huffs something like, "Only because you were there." but I ignore it, pulling him by his ankle off the bed, where he also begins to drift off.

"Oh good God, how I envy your ability to sleep on any surface." I scoff as his snores fill the room in the matter of seconds.

There's knocking on the door, and my mother peeks her head in, all dressed in her business attire.

I still have to internally scoff at the fact that my mother is a pharmaceutical sales rep.

Her blue eyes land on Liam's sleeping form, going soft. "Oh, baby." she mumbles under her breath, entering the room, giving me a quick kiss on my forehead before crouching next to the youngest Dunbar.

"Liam." she purrs in a gentle motherly way she only gets with with Liam, and he stirs. "Liam, time for school."

He yawns, stretching before nodding, and immediately entering the bathroom (en suite the little brat) to shower, my mouth hanging open in shock.

"How do you do that?" I gape at the women, who smiles. "I have to literally throw him out the window to get him out of the house."

She shrugs. "Motherly wisdom."

Some snarky part of me snorts. Where was that motherly wisdom these past four years, but I only smile and nod.

My mother takes my hands in hers, and she smiles in pride. "My Indi, all grown up. I can't believe you're already a senior!"

I can't either.

"I'm so proud of you, you know that?" she whispers, and my eyes fill unexpectedly. "I love you."

"I love you too, Mom." I manage around tears, and she pulls me into a long hug, and I sink into it.

I missed my mother these past four years, but all summer she's been slowly returning to us. And as much as some part of me wants to push her away- I manged without her, I don't need her- I understand she's trying. So in return, I try to accept it.

"Make it a great day."

It's something she told me in elementary school, when she'd drop me off at the doors.

"Of course."

_____

Liam had diappeared in a matter of minutes, most likely spotting Mason, or catching a scent, and I focused my own senses to try and find Lydia, finding Stiles and Malia instead.

"So you ran a background check, and all you found was a speeding ticket?" Malia snorts in disbelief once I approach the couple.

"Background check- Stiles." I complain. "Can't you turn off the paranoia for one day? Besides, we're a pack of supernatural, and not so supernatural creatures, pretty sure we'd catch something amiss."

"Who are you, and what have you done with Indi Dunbar?"Stiles narrows his eyes at me. "Where's my equally suspicious, people-hating friend?"

I shrug. "Everyone can't be evil, Sti."

"Never call me Sti." he insists, and I grin.

"Sti, Sti, Sti.."

He opens his mouth to most likely curse me out, but Malia intervenes bluntly, a specialty for Malia Tate. "Speeding ticket?"

"Yep, a speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago." Stiles mutters.

  Malia shakes her head, furrowing her eyebrows. "Which means what?"

"Who speeds?" Stiles asks the rhetoric question somewhat intensely. "  People trying to get away from something."

"Well, how many tickets do you have?" his girlfriend asks, and he shifts his shoulders uncomfortably.

"None." he answers, and I laugh loudly.

"Let me rephrase that- how many would you have if your dad didn't get you out of them?" Malia nods along, intrigued.

He pauses, counting on his fingers for a minute. "S... Seventeen."

____

And that's it.