||5.08||

THERE WAS NO EXPLANATION FOR MY FEELINGS AT THE MOMENT. It could be terror. Or heartbreak. Or just simply fear. Maybe it was a mixture of that. I don't know. All I know is, when I got that phone call from Scott McCall, my wolf side took over completely, and I found myself howling until my throat was sore at the lookout. Howling in pain, and terror, and heartbreak and fear, and anger. I was angry- no I was livid.

Scott is his alpha- he's supposed to protect him- and now his stupid plan got my brother kidnapped by homicidal medieval robots. They could be torturing him, or experimenting on him, or killing him, and I'm losing my mind. So I howled and howled and howled until my throat was so scratched and hoarse,whispering was complete agony- which didn't even compare to how I'm feeling since I learned of Liam's predicament.

Not long after I howled my last croaky howl, Scott appeared. He was sweating and gasping for breath, no doubt having run around frantically for my brother- his beta. The one he lost.

He didn't so much as glance at me before he stood on the ledge to my right, reeking of terror and worry, chest heaving. And then he howled, deep and guttural- louder than mine by a long shot. We waited for a couple of beats, hoping for an answer, but none came,and I was filled with the feelings again, and a burning white anger at the alpha next to me, that soon faded as the rest of my feelings over powered it.

"How did this happen." I whispered, eyes burning as they filled with tears. Scott crouched down next to me, panting, shaking his head.

"I'm so sorry Indi." he whispered back. "I'm so sorry."

Malia appeared from the trees before I could tell Scott McCall to stick his apology where the sun doesn't shine. His apology means nothing- not with Liam still gone. And I can't even begin to think about what happened between Scott and I yesterday, and neither could he.

"There's no scent. No tracks. No way to find them." Scott murmured to the coyote and I, and I pondered for a second who the "them" could be.

Hayden, I realized, they were all protecting Hayden.

"But Liam can howl back, right?" Malia insisted, not giving up.

Scott's chocolate brown eyes I always seem to drown in were filled with worry and tears, and his next statement chilled my blood. "Only if he heard me."

~^~

My feet were dragging, feeling like they were made purely of lead as I trudged to Scott's room. If I was going to get my brother back, it'd be with the help of the pack. Strength in numbers.

All lethargy in my body dissolved when I entered my ex-boyfriend's room to find him claws- deep in the back of someone I didn't recognize's neck.

"What the hell is he doing??" I demanded, and the group, consisting of Lydia, Stiles, Theo, Malia, and Mason, all turned to me with sympathetic eyes.

Lydia found her voice first. "He's tapping into his memories-"

I growled softly, cutting her off. "Yeah, I'm familiar with the concept- I meant what the hell does he think he's doing?!" I snapped, immediately feeling guilty as my best friend flinched back from my tone.

I opened my mouth to apologize, when Scott flew back from the boy with a gasp, stumbling into Stiles and Theo. "Is he okay?" the alpha breathed, and I glanced at the other boy, who was gazing at his blood covered hand in horror, but otherwise alright.

"What the hell did you do to me?" the kid snapped, voice shaking.

" You'll be all right." Scott dismisses, blinking off lethargy.