||5.01||

"I'M SORRY IN ADVANCE."

Shaking off the initial shock from my younger brother barging in my room so suddenly, I blink at the younger boy. "Sorry for what?"

Before the sophomore could reply, the doorbell rings, and his face pales. His blue eyes dart from me to the stairs, and back again, before giving me a nervous smile. "Would you excuse me?" And with that, he's bounding down the stairs like a hyperactive puppy, which may accurately describe him.

"Liam!" I call after my brother, receiving no response. Rolling my own blue eyes, I follow after him, hearing several voices from the foyer, pondering who Liam invited to our house- on a full moon, none the less.

"Liam, who's at the-" My voice chokes off momentarily as the two guests come into view, before I finish weakly. "Door."

"Oh hey, Indi." my close friend, Stiles Stilinski, who is possibly my only human friend, greets with a rapid wave, and smile. I smile politely at him, before turning my attention to the boy next to him, my heart freezing.

Scott McCall awkwardly shuffled his feet, gaze at his toes, embarrassment and pain emitting from his scent.

I clear my throat, managing to force out a greeting without bawling my eyes out. "Scott.."

He doesn't look at me, but nods in response.

It's silent and awkward for a moment, until Liam lets out an exaggerated cough. "Okay, the  moon's almost up, we should get going!" he announces, before adding under his breath, "Before I choke on the uncomfortable pheromones.."

"Liam!" I hiss, swatting his shoulder, before turning to Stiles, who's oblivious to the little comment. "Where are you guys going? It's a full moon. Liam should be here, not roaming about with the two of you who, last I recall, let him run around town naked ."

Stiles and Scott's faces scrunch up in winces. "Like I said, we're really sorry about that-"

"Naked , Stiles." I interrupt, arms crossed over my chest sternly. "He was naked ."

Liam, positively pink from embarrassment, groans from his place next to me. "Indi." he whines, and I sigh.

"Do you at least have a plan for if he loses control?" I direct the question to Stiles, who opens his mouth eagerly to answer, before Liam jumps in.

"Wow, Indi, thanks for the vote of confidence." Liam deadpans, fixing me with a petulant glare, and I reach out to ruffle his hair.

"Hey, I said 'if.'" I joke, smiling at my brother as he scowls.

I hear Scott's heartbeat skip, and notice his eyes on me, and force myself to keep my attention elsewhere, and pretend to not notice.

Stiles glances between the two of us, obviously noticing everything, but chooses not to comment as he rolls his hazel eyes at me. "Of course. Besides, you don't have to worry about that." I quirk an eyebrow at the human, ignoring another skip of Scott's heart. Stiles grins. "Scotty and I are taking your brother very deep into the very dark woods, where no one will ever find him.."

I snort at the creepy description. "Sounds pleasant."

Liam huffs. "Shut up Stiles." He turns to me while Stiles squawks. "They're going to chain me to a tree until midnight."

I hum in approval, grinning when Liam narrows his eyes. "Well, in that case, have fun kids."

Stiles grins, "Great, so should we drop him back off here, and pick you up for the thing tonight?"