Chapter 3: Chase

A/N: while you were still in the containment, the gunship kept chasing after the ship everyone else was one.

Rock and Revy took cover near the metal containment you were in as the gunship continued to shoot at them. You were starting to get a little irritated by it now.

(Y/N): okay. Got to admit, I'm getting a little pissed about shooting about you trying to shoot at me. The sound of the bullets hitting the metal is getting annoying. Please stop.

Rock: who's in there?

(Y/N): just me. So stop shooting at the metal!

Rock: it's not us. It's a gunship.

(Y/N): fine, tell them to stop then.

Revy: they're here to fucking kill us jackass! And not to mention, some bitch had to throw a fucking gun away!

Revy then pulled rock to her. During all this, the gunship had stopped firing.

Revy: Rock! What the hell were you thinking?! Do you have any idea how much one of these things costs?!

Rock: This is it... They came here to kill me.

Revy:......?

(Y/N): well, this certainly got dark real fast.

Rock: Why should I have to suffer for all this crap my boss got us involved in?

She got Revy to let go of her as she started to walk over to where to torpedo launcher was at.

Revy: What the...? I think you're missing the point here. What they really want is to destroy that data disk, right? Your life is just....

Rock: My life is just an accessory to that! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!

She said while kicking at the torpedo launcher angrily.

Revy: You know, there's a torpedo in there.

Rock: Shut up! Shut up!

(Y/N): I can guess this is a you thing going on.

Inside the ship, Dutch and Benny were talking with each other about the situation.

Dutch: Hey, Benny. Doesn't this seem kind of weird to you?

Benny: Yeah, something's not right. They've stopped firing completely. They could've easily made us into swiss cheese by now.

Dutch: No doubt. Something's wrong here.

Revy then walked down and opened the door. Rock followed behind.

Revy: What the fuck is going on now?

Dutch: Benny-Boy.

Benny: Yeah. It looks like they've fallen back about 5,000 meters and they're still tailing us from that distance. What is it they want? What are they after.

They enter a waterway.

Dutch: Damn it. It's the waterway.

Benny: That's it, the waterway!

Dutch: The path ahead of us to Balawan is filled with rocks and mangroves, and they must've figured that out. The further we go, the tighter it's going to get. In the end, we won't be able to take evasive maneuvers.

Revy: Let's turn this boat around and get outta here!

Dutch: Yeah.

They get ready to turn to boat in the other direction. Once they did, the gunship started firing at them once again.