Prologue

There were three people on the stage. Two ace-detectives and the reporter, who seemed determined to get as much drama from the couple as possible. Her vision slowly adjusting with the bright lights shining over them as her tight, red-white dress squeezed the breath out of her lungs.

The reporter let out yet another obnoxious laugh as Y/N told the public a story of a previous case she'd done before. It was obvious the reporter had little to no importance over her. Why would she? Akechi Goro was always going to get the spotlight. Even when taken, fangirls try to flirt with him whenever they have the chance. They'd even send death threats on social media and fan mail. 

"So, you and Y/N, huh. You, two detectives, have been in a relationship for how long?" That's the third time this month someone has asked her that. 

Goro's hand landed on Y/N's thigh before answering her question. A small squeeze calmed her down a little. She'd always get distracted whenever he'd touch her thigh or waist. It was intoxicating. The more he does it, the more she craves it.

"It's been about six months since we first started dating and so far, it's been amazing." He gave his signature smile that made the fangirls in the front row sigh dreamily. The smile he'd only give the public. Though behind closed doors, his smile was genuine. He always showed his true self when they were alone. How his smile always had a tinge of sadness yet happy. 

When was the last time he ever gave her that smile? 

Last week?

Last month? 

It felt like time slowed down throughout the relationship. Just one hour seemed like it took way longer...  Mostly when they argued or disagreed with each other. It's a daily thing nowadays...

Though you still stayed by his side. 

No matter what he had done. 

No matter what you had done. 

All that matters is that you both love each other, right?

All that matters is that he's happy, right?

"Akechi is the best thing that has ever happened to me." (Y/N) grabbed his hand and gave him a kiss on his cheek. An 'aww' from the audience could be heard. Hell, you could even hear the fangirls weeping over their great Goro Akechi and how they yearn to be with him behind the screen.

If only they knew what they would get themselves into. 

If only they knew the Akechi you knew.

"I don't know what I would do without Y/N." Akechi took a deep breath and contemplated at the woman sitting next to him. Their hands now intertwined, exposing the rings that once meant something. The gem sitting on top of the jewelry. Rose Quartz. The gem that represented affection. 

But what does it really mean?

Is it now just a simple stone resting plainly on your fingers?

Does the rock even indicate anything to those two anymore?

"I love her with all my heart." The words played like a broken record. Echoing itself again and again. 

How many times has he said this?

How many times has he meant it?

Does it even mean anything?

Anything at all? 

'Just a little more.' 

The thought raced through your head as you began to wonder what you had done to deserve all this. 

This is the story of the famous detective, Y/N L/N. The swords arcana's story shall begin at Shujin Academy, where the infamous group the Phantom Thieves will originate from. Will the detective choose the justice confidant or the emperor confidant? The choices the reader chooses will determine the path they will take.