Chapter 14

"So you're saying she's gotten worse?" I pinched the tip of my nose and nodded. Her friends had come over after a week of Y/N being bedridden.

She can move, but after the incident, she simply lost all motivation. Encouraging her isn't working.

And telling her that everything was going to be alright was a lie.

The only time she's gotten out of bed was to go to the bathroom and shower. Then, she returns to the bed again. I think her body left an imprint on the bed from the duration of her laying there...

"Yes, the doctors have come over to check on her health. They believe she'll recover quickly if they find the right medicine," I answered. The boy with the noticeable bleached hair seemed the most affected by her state.

He kept his head down and kept quiet, which was surprising considering he was the most vulgar, obnoxious one in their group of friends.

"Are we allowed to see her? Is it contagious?" Madarame's former pupil asked. Yusuke, was it? I don't really remember.

I shook my head. It wasn't an illness at all, but the stress of her friends seeing her like this may be too much for her to handle. And, to be honest, it may cause more trouble with her wanting to leave.

I've seen changes in her ever since she transferred to Shujin. Originally, she enrolled in Shujin Academy to figure out the rumors of the Phantom Thieves originating from that school.

We never had any time to make friends, but seeing how quick she was to find students like these guys, I wasn't surprised.

Y/N always attracted some... interesting people.

And her friends, in all honesty, are pressing my buttons if they decided 7:00 A.M on a Sunday was an acceptable time to visit...

"I believe it's best to limit any human interaction. I know how Y/N gets about visitors at times like these..."

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that! I thought people like you and Y/N would be awake at this time..." Anne gave an apologetic smile and crossed her legs.

"On a Sunday...?" I raised an eyebrow.

She laughed with a hint of nervousness and looked away.

"It is like any other day for me. I would be working on a project of mine or head off to buy art supplies," Yusuke hummed. He was clearly starved. His eyes were hollow and skin was as pale as a dead body. He was practically a dead man walking.

"How has your situation been since Madarame's arrest?" I asked.

"I've made arrangements and settled in the dorms at my school. It's cramped but enough work space for my art," He answered, crossing his arms and leaned back on the wall.

Her friends clearly care about her. I don't understand how she can handle so much on her shoulders. Even with their support, she has to deal with her job, school, and her mental state.

"Goro?" We all turned our heads to see Y/N poke her head out of the room. She had a blanket draped over her shoulders with clear fatigue on her face. "Why'd you get out of bed?"

I pulled a straight face despite my surprise. She was sound asleep a second ago. What if she hasn't recovered yet? And if they notice her bandages, they'll ask her questions and remind her...

"What are you doing up? Go back to bed and rest," I said. The collar of her shirt exposing little of her bandages. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"I can stay up for a little," Y/N rubbed my hand with her thumb reassuringly. Even so, I didn't want them asking her questions. Maybe they'll ask something that might trigger her.