Chapter 3

"No, this wouldn't make any sense... Why would the girl just accept some old dude's request and take a ride home with him? It sounds something like prostitution, Goro. Look, her clothes were also laced with marijuana. She claims to have been beaten by the man but her nose was too perfectly aligned for it to be considered broken." Y/N said, looking through the files of the case again as Goro undid his tie and drank some coffee.

"Exactly, Sae believes that it has to do with the inheritance the man has received after his mother died. Almost a hundred million yen... That's something that'll have anyone treat you like a prince, no matter how well they've known him or not." He added in and wrapped his arms around her waist and his chin rested on her shoulder.

"Then came along the receipts. Almost 20,000 yen taken out last week and the surveillance caught him taking it out. I feel like he spent the money on hookers and drugs. That's why he did not want to risk calling the police. In the end, the woman managed to steal his money and report him for rape and several other felonies. Both committed crimes and are too afraid to admit it."

Akechi listened to you solve the case given to you with interest and hummed delightfully seeing how many notes you took. It was obvious that by the end of the night, you'd be able to solve this case.

"So who do you think is the real culprit?" He asked once seeing you already packing everything up.

"The woman. She began to harass him, stole money, and was a prostitute. The only crime the man had committed was buying drugs but that will not be held against him due to the main point of the case: Did the man really try to harass her? And with all this, it's obvious that she was trying to steal his money." Y/N responded and rubbed the back of her neck with a tired sigh. "I think this case will need me interrogating both suspects before I could actually press charges on her."

"We'll go to the police station first thing tomorrow morning then," Goro said. "Come now, let's get some rest. We've been working far too much this week."

Y/N nodded before undoing her Shujin jacket and throwing it on the couch. She put her arms around his neck and pulled him in a kiss, making him smile against her lips and put his hands on her hips.

"God, I hate you." She said against his lips.

"It's just one interview. I promise you, I will restrict any questions regarding our relationship. I, too, am quite tired of so many personal questions being asked over and over again." He pulled away and walked into the bedroom with you right behind him. "How was Shujin?"

"It was... quiet. I made a new friend though. His name is Akira Kurusu. He's such a well-mannered boy. I don't understand how someone like him could possibly be put on probation. He does not seem like the type to be doing crimes." You answered, smiling when you mentioned him being your friend. It felt nice to talk about being friends with someone. It's also been years since you've done so. The person you would talk about soon became your boyfriend, Goro Akechi.

"Oh, really? How about the other students? Did they do anything?" Goro said, sitting on the bed while taking off his shirt to get ready for bed.

"Just the usual: Rumors flying around. I also went to this cafe called Cafe LeBlanc. They have the most wonderful food there. Turns out, Akira lives there. He tended me while I was getting something to eat. I ran into his friend, Yusuke Kitagawa. Remember him?"

"Ah, the star pupil of Madarame. Shame, such a talented artist stealing from his students full of potential."

"Yes, he seems to be in a tough situation with money. I bought him something before I left." You continued talking about the three of you. Obviously, you left out the part of Yusuke being known for asking people to be his nude models. It was awkward. You couldn't help but realize that he took the time to consider you as a model until Akira defended you from his request. A rush of heat hit your cheeks once realizing that he was checking out your body but not for sexual purposes. Only for his projects.