Chapter 24

"So you're having trouble finding inspiration?" I stirred my coffee as Yusuke nodded grimly. He didn't order anything despite me practically begging him to eat.

"Indeed. Ever since the incident, I seem to have lost touch with my art. It does not feel right..."

Touch of his art? Every artist finds flaws in their work. No matter how small it is. So it would be useless telling him that he shouldn't be criticising himself too harsh. It helps him improve for his next painting.

So what could be the problem?

Originality? Millions of people have had the same idea. It's rare for someone to actually make something new. So much has been made that it's almost impossible to find something that the public will see as new.

"How so? Do you feel like you've lost touch of yourself? Individuality has been difficult to show these days." I tilted my head.

He leaned back on the seat. His fingers tapped against the sleeve of his shirt almost impatiently. There we go.

"It seems so. Akira has tried helping me but so far, nothing has popped up."

I hummed. What could help him?

"Have you tried a trip to Mementos? It is a mysterious place, after all."

He chuckled and shook his head disappointed.

"We were attacked by shadows the last time we went. I tried to sketch Mementos to use as a reference. It's what I will be using for my next project. It will take me days but I'll hopefully finish it just in time for the museum to take in my work."

"You're going to display it? How much do you have?"

"Two days."

"Oh you poor soul..."

He lowered his head with a smile to his face.

"It seems so. But I believe the people will understand the concept of my painting."

"I'm sure they will," I returned his smile and sat back to watch the tv by the bar. Interview with Adachi Tohru.

He definitely used the Metaverse for his crimes. How else could he put his victims on top of the telephone lines? But if the public finds out about the Metaverse, they'll be confused, scared, and curious.

That's how humans are when they find new things.

I always wondered who the previous team of persona users were. There was no way only one person could fight off Adachi. If he managed to commit such crimes, it meant he would have a lot of power.

Teamwork has always led to victory.

There is no such thing as a self-made person.

Every strength one has is because of the links they have with others.

You learn something new from each of your friends.

"I'll accompany you to the museum if you are okay with that," I recommended. He nodded.

"Akira will be joining us too as he has been a tremendous help with my situation. I'll repay you once-"

"I don't want to get paid, Yusuke. You need that money more than I do. Instead, I wish to know you more. I can't be on this team without knowing my teammates well."

He stayed quiet. Maybe it was too early for that... Shit. Now he probably thinks I'm weird, doesn't he?

"I mean it's up to you, really. I don't mind if you-"

"If it'll somehow repay the help you're willing to offer, I'll do it. Though I was hoping to know more about you without striking a deal. It feels more obligated like this than doing it out of free will."