Chapter 4

"Something's bothering you, isn't there?" Akira shoved you lightly as you fixed your hair and looked at the cameramen. They were talking about the camera angles and which light would get the best features.

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm just trying to get a look of the crew. I'm checking to see if there's a particular reporter that hates me. She tends to ask questions that infuriates celebrities." You responded and felt him put his hand on your head. "H-Hey, I'm not some kid, you know?" You scowled and smacked his hand away, making him laugh under his breath before Ryuji and Ann came along.

You had met Ann when Akira and Ryuji had taken you to the park. She was having a photoshoot there. As it turned out, everybody you've met so far was taller than you and it was getting on your nerves. Ann had been the one to shut Ryuji up whenever he was stumbling on his words. Akira was making jokes and tried to get everyone in a good mood to avoid any awkward interaction between you and the others. You were surprised Ann was so open towards you.

She became your friend and even invited you to buy some clothes the next day. It was your first "girl's night out" and you had fun. Mostly when Ann had been confronted by another model by her diet. The look on her face was priceless when finding out that Ann ate an abundant amount of sweets. 

Now, you were getting ready for the interview with Goro, who was a few minutes late for some reason. He wasn't the type to be late. Akira and the others had found you backstage when the crew manager was giving their class a tour of the studio. You had pulled them out with the teacher's permission.

"Come on, Y/N! Remember what we practiced! She's just trying to see what your limit is and you have to show no weakness. Whenever I'm doing a photoshoot, I tend to think of my friends and sweets before to relieve some stress." Ann encouraged you with her hands on your shoulder. You stumbled a bit as she put some weight against your shoulders.

"Plus, those damn reporters need some fuel to be startin' some kinda scandal like always," Ryuji grumbled and looked out to the stage to see the reporter sit down. "Oh, there she is."

You looked over to see a reporter in her mid-twenties fix her hair before taking a breath mint, probably to make a good impression for her and Goro. Well, mostly Goro. Most reporters send their attention to Goro during the interview and it wasn't a bad thing too. It meant that you didn't have to worry about answering some uncomfortable questions.

"Oh, she must be new. I wonder how she is." You wondered while Ryuji stood beside you to inspect the woman.

"She's hot too. Maybe you could get us some babe-"

"Shut up, Sakamoto-kun/Ryuji." You and Ann said in unison before laughing at each other.

"Jeez, we leave Y/N with Ann for one day and Ann influences the hell out of her." Ryuji scratched the back of his neck.

You chuckled under your breath at him before your vision suddenly went black. You looked around in shock before recognizing the familiar leather of Goro's gloves.

"Goro, don't do that!" You smacked his arm with a pout before he laughed and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

"I couldn't resist myself. You were off-guard so I took advantage of that," He said before looking at your friends. The three of them shuffled awkwardly."Oh? Are these the friends you speak so highly of?"

You nodded and introduced them to Goro, who, for some reason, had his attention mostly on Akira, who was cleaning his glasses. You didn't know why he wore fake glasses but whatever rows his boat, you guessed.

"They're on a field trip, which coincidentally was to see our interview. I pulled them out before the interview to talk before you came. Why'd you come late?"