Chapter 6

"So you're mean to tell us that you've woken to your persona already?" Ann said after you explained how you knew their identities. Well, some parts were lies but most of it was the truth.

"Yes, I had encountered that other world while trying to chase a criminal. It seems that he had access to the other world. I believe my sense of justice and determination was enough to awaken my persona. God, the pain was unbearable, too." You crossed your legs as the others listened in on your story.

"When do you say that was again?" Akira asked, sitting on the chair in front of you with his arms crossed.

"It seems the tables have turned. Instead of me interrogating you, you are the one doing it to me. I believe it was a week ago. Before my interview with the Phantom Thieves. I am still in shock. I managed to survive such a strong shadow." You chuckled and placed your hand on your chest with modesty. "If you allow me to join the team, I will try my hardest to contribute."

"Tch, how do we know you're not lyin'?" Ryuji finally said. "You're prolly gonna report us to the cops if we do."

"Ryuji, why do you believe I defended you with Makoto? I'm afraid to say that you seem to have little thought of how your words can change the outcome of a situation. Had I not intervened, you might have said something that would make Makoto suspect you three more... Am I right?"

He stayed quiet and bit the inside of his cheek, not finding anything to say. He slumped back on the seat of your apartment and looked out the window with a stubborn look on his face.

"If we really accept her as a member, isn't it best to see what her persona is capable of? You accepted me in the team once seeing my persona awaken as well. I would have to agree that she can be a valuable member of the team." Yusuke cleared his throat and pushed back a few strands of hair that fell on his face.

Your eyes widened a little. Why does Yusuke agree with you? Could he be trying to get your trust to use it against you? It was a trick. These guys have changed the hearts of their victims. Of course, they would have people to help them manipulate and persuade with the shadows they encounter.

"Thank you, Yusuke."

"... He's right. We did the same with Ann, as well. We need all the help we can get, despite the person." Akira sighed and leaned back. "What do you think, Y/N?"

You stayed quiet a little to think about what you could give them outside Mementos. Obviously, you could get the law from suspecting them. Shujin Academy was the start of the Phantom Thieves. So if you could just...

You stood up suddenly and shot up your index finger as a signal for them to wait before heading in your room and grabbed the laptop with all the information of the Phantom Thieves. 

Could this possibly work?

"My laptop is information about your group. Everything down is what they believe are clues to finding you guys. I, being in Shujin and part of the investigation, will try to fend off any investigator or law force that gets in your way. I will also provide clues that will set them off their tracks. After all, if they ever catch you... I will be able to interrogate you and make you look like ordinary students of Shujin Academy. Though you three... Well, you two," You gestured to Ryuji and Ann, "Have to keep in mind that you have to make yourself look innocent too. Think before speaking if they ever ask you anything at all. What we focus on when we interrogate someone is their anger and choice of words. You ask them why they're interrogating you and they'll know you know something. What we look for in this business are people who can detect lies easily. I had to train some of them before but it never worked." You shrugged with a tired expression. There were so many that couldn't even tell if a kid was lying to them. It was embarrassing.