Chapter 11

6/16 7:00 AM

"How could Akechi let you go to school in your condition?!" Ryuji exclaimed as you coughed against your sweater for the millionth time this hour. Ann sighed and crossed her arms while Akira stayed silent as usual.

"He doesn't have to know. He thinks I'm home resting. I'm not letting this keep me from going to school," You wheezed before hugging your sweater tightly. Nobody seemed to believe you when you said it was colder than usual. In fact, they all wore light clothing while you wore two sweaters underneath your uniform.

"That's not healthy at all... Y/N, you act like this isn't the first time this has happened," Ann pressed her hand against your forehead to feel your temperature. "You're burning up..."

"It's normal. Don't worry about it," You huffed and took out the pill container and a bottle of water from your satchel. "I'll be fine in a week or so."

You swallowed two of them before Ryuji took them out of your hands and read the labels dispute you trying to get them back, which was barely a fight since you were too weak to raise your arm.

"Suppressors? For what? This shit doesn't sound like it's for your condition," Ryuji hummed before you snatched it back from him. Akira stared at you with those eyes of his. Like a predator reading their prey's movements before pouncing. Even Morgana's blue eyes seemed to dilate.

"It's to keep the illness from worsening. I stopped taking them because I thought I was okay without them," You answered and looked to the side to see Makoto observing you from the corner of the hallway. "But that doesn't mean I can't help you guys with the next target. I'll keep Makoto from telling the principal your secret."

Akira nodded before he leaned over to you.

"We'll talk about it during lunch. She's looking at us."

"Let her look at us. After all, you're the ones who protected the school from a perverted, abusive teacher when she stayed quiet," You huffed and walked away from them once the bell rang. You felt their stares behind you before walking past Makoto silently, giving her a light shove during the process.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"We're planning on infiltrating this guy's palace as soon as we discover the keywords of the palace. Though we needed to find out why you were gone for so long. Seriously, you could have at least notified us," Ryuji grumbled.

You gave him a sorry smile before reaching over to hug him.

"Sorry for worrying you. Don't worry anymore, I'll be fine in no time," You rubbed his back before putting your laptop away. He stayed quiet before clearing his throat as if he were embarrassed.

"Alright, now, you're comin' with me. I won't let you be by yourself in your state. Let's go before night comes," Ryuji said, pulling your arm out of the station. You investigated the Inogami Line as Ryuji gave everybody a dirty look.

"Stop looking suspicious. Also, use your body to hide me. They'll know something is up if I am strolling in this area," You pulled his arm back.

"Got it. Let's go to the underground. The crowd will help us blend in," Ryuji said before you both walked away. You raised an eyebrow, impressed Ryuji had some common sense for once.

Walking past the construction site, there was a homeless man sitting on a pile of boxes. His eyes shifted to every person past him. His untamed beard hid his lips but you could tell he was trying to keep his mouth shut.

But before you could even say anything to him, someone shoved you. With your weak body, you fell on your knees and almost took Ryuji down with you.