Chapter 2

Eating alone at lunch wasn't the best. Well, you chose to eat alone. You didn't want a crowd to surround you as you ate your food. That's... That's weird. It's amazing how creepy and invasive fans can get. It's come to the point where those lewd comments don't even creep you out anymore. They just tend to go through one ear and leave through the other.

After lunch, you walked back to class to the studious class. The school tends to group the intelligent, high-ranking students in one class while the others are purely normal students with average grades. Nobody seems to notice or care because it doesn't really affect them. That's how everybody is.

All you did in class was take notes and spend the last ten minutes trying to watch Akechi's interview without the teacher finding out. You tuned in on the live stream and saw the immense amount of fan girls saying that they loved him and how amazing he was. You chuckled silently as the reporter fixed her hair.

"And now... Here's Akechi Goro, the second Detective Prince!" The reporter said with a smile before gesturing to your boyfriend, who waved at the camera with his famous smile.

"Thank you for having me here on your show, I was surprised when I got a call from you... I didn't expect a show as well-known as yours to interview me... I'm quite honored to sit where the first detective prince once sat." He laughed with his hand on his chest.

"Oh, we should be thanking you for coming today! It was some trouble trying to find a way to communicate with you." The reporter blushed and used the cards as a fan. "Now, how has it been with you and L/N? She's been hiding from the cameras lately, isn't she?"

He looked straight at the cameras. It felt like his red eyes were staring deep in your soul.

"We've been busy doing our own things. No, we are not breaking up anytime soon. All we ask of you is some privacy. Y/N and I have been busy on our studies and now with more of these mental breakdowns, we will have to endure a lot of tasks and hardships." He answered sincerely but it wasn't really answering the reporter's question. Though as he answered and kept his eyes locked in the camera, you could see the love he held for you as he spoke of you.

"Y/N has been doing amazing with all that's going on. If it weren't for her, we wouldn't have been solving so many cases. I'd probably be moping about the difficulty of my tasks." He joked, making the audience laugh.

"Interesting, do you believe she would agree to have an interview with us? Maybe her popularity will grow as much as yours is, am I right?"

No, interviews only made things worse. All the gossip. The words you say might be twisted into something horrible. And what about the fan girls? What would they react to your interview?

You knew one thing for sure, that the only reason they want you in the interview is to ask personal questions about you two. Not because of your success or because they're interested in you.

It was always Akechi who was the topic to every question the paparazzi sent to you. Always Akechi...

"You may be right but with the lack of respect towards her by her own fans and coworkers, I doubt she'll agree with it. And I understand... She's been working so hard and just being used for drama and scandals isn't something she wishes to be known for. That is why she is the Detective Princess, no?"

He sent a questioning glare to the reporter, who bit her lip as if he had caught onto their lies.

"That's not true, Akechi-kun. We all know that you two are both extremely successful teens. It's just that Y/N seems... normal, you know? Spicing things up will definitely bring in the fans." She answered, fumbling with her words a bit before Akechi tried to lighten the mood with his smile. The smile that seems to make all women go crazy.