Chapter 26

"I feel so weird... As if I don't belong in this world. Maybe it's the trauma? I don't know, but I feel like something's wrong with me."

"I see. And how long have you felt this?"

Ever since I was pulled in the Metaverse...

"For a couple of months now. But as a figure now, I need to keep up an image too. How do I do that?"

"Only feel happiness. You don't have to think of those things."

What...?

He's right. Don't feel anything other than happiness then. Simple.

"Thank you, Dr. Maruki. I have to go before I meet my new partner. Goro Akechi... How do you think he's really like?"

I woke up to the smell of coffee and curry. It was a pleasant way to start my day, considering that weird dream I had... Well, a memory I had from years ago. I can't believe Maruki helps students at Shujin Academy now. He is a nice guy, but teenagers were never his best patients. He could never find a way to actually bond with them since most of them were thirsty girls trying to get his attention.

I always see him being followed by at least three to four girls every time he comes over for counseling. I believe Akira has been going to counseling with Maruki too. I wonder how everything's going between those two.

Throughout the school year, I'm seeing him improve with interacting with high schoolers. I normally see him have a conversation with one of them until his clumsiness gets the best of him, and he embarrasses himself to the whole school once again like he did when they introduced him.

Hitting the microphone and having it shut down all of a sudden?

I wouldn't show my face after that.

I got myself ready and headed off to school before Akira and Morgana woke up. It was almost an hour before they normally woke up for school. I didn't want to be a bother.

Many people whispered amongst themselves when I got on the train. They all gave me petty looks ever since the break up between Akechi and me. I don't mind it anymore. As long as they don't harass me, I won't acknowledge them. It's not worth my time or energy.

The unsettling feeling from every schoolgirl on the train made the time go slow. Those ten minutes felt like an hour. I got off the train and felt their spiteful gazes burn through the back of my skull. How long do I have to deal with this?

Maybe two to three months?

"Oh, Y/N! I didn't expect to see you here so early," I turned around to Makoto catching up to me. She almost slipped, though, because of the rain. I wanted to laugh, but that would probably be mean. Plus, she looked like she's had enough already.

"Yeah, I wanted to see Dr. Maruki before class began since I won't be able to after school. How about you?"

"I was just about to go study at the library. With exams coming up and Kamoshida's palace, I have to catch up on my studying. I can't risk my scores lowering because of this..." Makoto told me about how she's been having a hard time studying due to her stress on her back with Kamoshida threatening our students and the principal demanding her to solve it herself.

"I see. Have you tried taking a break? I know studying is important, but you'll overwork yourself at this point. I can't help you, but I believe Akira can. He does know how to unwind someone."

"Hmm, I'll talk to him about that tomorrow then. I've also been thinking of something Ryuji was planning yesterday morning..." She got closer. Her eyes sparkled with excitement as I lowered my head for her to whisper.