Chapter 15

It felt good finally leaving the apartment. The wounds were slowly fading, but I still wore my bandages. I hid them with one of Goro's jackets during school.

Makoto texted me the assignments I had to turn in by the end of the week. I planned on finishing them on Thursday.

During our break, I walked to the student council room to see the board and events planned out for the future.

I felt their eyes on me. They whispered to each other about what could have happened to me.

I shrugged it off and tried avoiding any interaction with anyone.

Just as I approached the door, I took a deep breath and saw Ann and Makoto laughing with each other.

"Oh, Y/N! I didn't expect to see you here," Ann pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

Makoto gained sudden attention to her lap as I inspected them.

"You... You didn't expect to see me in the student council room? I am the vice-president of the group," I frowned.

"Oh, right!"

"Makoto, there's an incident going around. Rumor has it that a student is stalking another," I said, walking over to the billboard and read the notes.

"Stalking...? Have you found out who the stalker is?" Makoto raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head and set my bag on the table.

"No, all I know is that both students are third-years like us. I think we should be watching out for any person loitering the halls alone."

"Oh, wait, Akira recieved a request about a stalker too. He has a name on the stalker. We were planning on stealing her heart before it corrupts," Ann added in.

"You're also a Phantom Thief?" Makoto raised her head in shock. I laughed and nodded.

"Yes, but I've been absent these past days. I'll be joining them today in whatever task they have in the Metaverse."

"Oh, really? For how long?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's not like I don't want you to stay in the Phantom Thieves, but if they ever find out you are in the group, they'll try to pry information out of you."

That...

"Your sister and I were given information about the Phantom Thieves. My deal with these guys was that I temper with any new evidence that could reveal everyone's identities," I explained everything to her and gave Ann more information about recent investigations.

"When did you get your persona?" Makoto tilted her head in interest. I sat back and bit the inside of my cheek.

"It was recent. I only figured out they were the Phantom Thieves once I awakened to my persona. Everything just clicked," I answered.

"Ooh, you'll be amazed at Makoto's persona! It's so cool!" Ann smiled as Makoto scratched her cheek with a blush forming.

"I wouldn't say amazed... It's not as cool as your personas," She said. I couldn't help but laugh at my misfortune.

"I look forward to it. I can't say the same about my persona though... She's an eyesore," I crossed my arms and leaned back on the chair.

"An eyesore? Aren't you exaggerating?" Makoto frowned.

Ann shook her head.

"No, to be honest, it creeps me out sometimes," Ann admitted before her eyes lit up.