Release

Dark. Cold. Empty.

I'm in the dark with nothing. I can only stand and walk around in nothing. But for some reason, I still reached out.

What was I reaching out for?

If the sun lifts me up, would I become Icarus and fly close to the sun?

Would my wings melt away before I could even manage to reach the light?

Home...

It's a state of mind where you feel secure.

If I were a bird, I'd be singing like I've never seen dawn before. My lungs could be damaged but I still sing to the rising sun.

Because I'd never get tired of it.

But, the slightest damage to a bird's wing can end it all. Without their wings, how can they survive?

How can they live?

Would they want to be put out of their misery?

That's the thing about humans and animals.

A human can think. They make their own choices and their only limit is flying. That is why Icarus, when he had the gift of flight, took advantage and felt free.

Now, a human can easily take their own life. With any object they can find, they'll kill themselves.

Many people take their lives after losing the ability to walk, talk, or even if they simply can't handle the pain anymore.

How does a suicidal man succeed in taking their own lives if they do not have control of their body?

Well, they can't. Only the desperate would be willing to use someone else to kill them. Desperation makes people do the most cruel, spiteful things.

But, animals...

God have mercy on them.

They do not have the ability to understand the concept of suicide.

So they'll keep trying to survive even on one foot or sometimes even blind.

I see our memories as a library in our mind. Each painful memory we have is covered in dust and webs until one day, you pull it out. And despite wanting to cry remembering, I use it to remember what I learned in that particular moment.

Like my father, who was supposed to be my hero, turned out to be a monster. I'd stay silent to his touches, knowing that if I cried, he'll threaten me.

"I'll give you a reason to cry."

His fists were seared in my mind, but I learned how to stand up for myself when he finally got arrested.

There were very few times he was a father to me. When he took me out for ice cream or bought me a toy... That was when he was sober.

I remember sitting on his shoulders as he twirled me around in our yard. It used to be me and him against the world back then.

I believe he did his best as a father until his desires took the best of him. I guess his childhood with alcoholic parents made him do the same. Despite him wanting me to have the childhood he wanted as a kid, he was always so distant. He wasn't ready to take care of children.