Chapter 8

6/13

Ryuji wouldn't leave my side the entire time we were at Mementos. It's been two days and he still protects me. I got to admit... It's cute seeing how overprotective he was. It shows how caring and loyal he was to his friends and family.

Makoto seemed determined to find out who the Phantom Thieves were. I wanted to stop her but the principal chose the worst time to assign me a list of events for the rest of the school year. They wanted me to attend the Hawaii field trip the second-years had to go.

I didn't want to go there again. I came home with horrible sunburns...

I sighed and walked over to the hideout with Ryuji walking beside me.

"I don't want to go to Hawaii again... It means I have to worry about the students getting lost there."

"No, that means that you'll be keepin' us from meeting those hot babes, huh?" He hung his head dejectedly, making me laugh and cover my mouth.

"No, I won't ruin your vacation at all. I'm going to be taking care of the other students and turn a blind eye to your things, if that is what you would like," I suggested and saw Yusuke already at the accessway.

"Dude, you're the best," Ryuji pumped his fists in excitement and grinned. "Hot babes, here we come!"

"Good afternoon, Yusuke," I nodded my head with a smile and leaned against the railing beside Ryuji.

"Y/N, it's nice to see you again. How have you been?"

"Stressed as usual. With all the files my work has given me and the chores our principal has given me, I haven't been able to have some free time lately. Hopefully, I can finish everything I have to do by the end of this week," Yusuke and Ryuji listened to me ramble about my work for a couple of minutes before Ann arrived. She bought herself a box of treats to kill time while we all spent our time on our phones.

Ryuji hummed as if he understood what I was saying but he always looked like a lost puppy. It came to the point where Yusuke had to ask what something meant for him. It was probably the only time Ryuji didn't tell him he was weird. He usually talks about how eccentric his vocabulary was.

I leaned back against the wall and had a small chat with Ann about her modeling career, which led to Yusuke trying to convince Ann to be his muse. He was really trying his best to find the motivation to paint.

"What's taking him so long? If he doesn't come in the next few minutes, I'll have to return to my apartment," I checked the time on my phone and sighed.

"Same here. I have to focus on my schoolwork. Apparently, I can't do my next photoshoot without raising my marks. Y/N, do you think you can tutor me?"

I smiled at her with a nod.

"Of course, I'm sure I won't disappoint."

She smiled back and twirled her hair. She liked doing it whenever she was bored.

"You shouldn't worry if you disappoint me or not. After all, if I don't raise my marks even with your help, it would be because I didn't put much effort into my work."

"You put effort into your work?" Ryuji snickered.

"Shut it, you! You're just jealous everybody has better marks than you!" Ann bit the inside of her cheek and glared at Ryuji. I watched as the two quarreled like children. They looked like they could make a cute couple.

They have this chemistry.

Then, my phone vibrated against my coat.

Goro: Hey, I'm on my way home. Do you have work tomorrow? I'll be having the day off tomorrow.