Chapter 10

"The food's so good! Goro, you should try some," Y/N hummed in delight and raised her chopsticks to Goro's mouth. His eyes widened a bit as her sudden praise startled him out of his thoughts before he took the sushi in his mouth.

"As expected from a restaurant like this," He smiled and tilted his head a bit before they both conversed.

"Should we head back? It's 13:00 right now. The next train will arrive in twenty minutes," She checked her phone for any messages.

Goro shrugged and leaned back on his chair.

"I want to spend more time with you though..."

Akira: Call me when you have time.

Is it a new target? Has something happened?

Ryuji: Damn student council president found out.

Yusuke: Who was the loud mouth?

Ryuji: Hey! Ann was in the call too!

Akira: But you called and screamed at the phone about our meetings. Not only did you help Makoto, you literally said I was taking a leak.

Ryuji: Am I not allowed to worry about my friend?

Yusuke: Even one with mere experience such as myself would understand such information is rather... Exposing.

Ryuji: rAthEr ExPoSinG my ass! You wanted to paint Ann naked!

Ann: Can we PLEASE forget about that?

Akira: Morgana says this team is a mess.

Ryuji: Oh yeah? Tell that pussy to shove it up his-

Yusuke Kitagawa removed Ryuji Sakamoto

Akira: Who gave him admin controls??

Ann: I don't know.

Akira: What were we talking about? Oh yeah, Y/N, call me when you have time. It's important.

How can she end this all?

"Goro... My stomach hurts," She wrapped her stomach and frowned.

"Is it the flu? We can take you to the nearest infirmary then," He said before looking up from his notes.

"No, Goro, I think... I think I'm on my..."

"Your what?"

"How do you not know what I'm talking about?"

He scratched his cheek and hummed.

"Y/N, are you pregnant?"

"Goro, you lovable idiot!" Y/N coughed and looked to her right to see the paparazzi searching for them. They were at the corner of the building.

"Cameras at 6 o'clock," She warned and hid back against the plastic flower basket.

"Tch, it must have been one of the customers who spread the news," Goro stood up and dusted himself before helping her stand up. "Let's hurry before they find us!"

It took a few minutes to the station but it wasn't hard to hide despite the little crowd in there.

The train ride home consisted on the two of them telling each other stories from work and school. Goro mentioned working with Dojima was always interesting due to his nephew being overprotective over his daughter.

"Wait so Narukami got arrested for what again?"

"For scaring some kid who rejected Nanako's love. It was a shock when I heard about it on the phone," He chuckled. "It was awkward being in the room with him."

"There's always got to be something weird going on at any workspace," She sighed and rested her head against his shoulder. Her shoulders were slumped and body relaxed but in her mind, she worried over Makoto finding out.

"How often do you work with Nijima?"

"Not so often, actually. I think you've done more cases with her," He responded.

"What about her sister? Have you talked to her yet?"

"I've heard stories of her. She goes to your school, right? I've talked to her once about Sae but other than that, I know nothing about her."

"She's been interfering with my investigation and classes," You crossed your arms and placed one leg over the other. "No matter how experienced I am at investigation tasks, she has the upper hand. The principal has been trying to silence the media from the suicide attempt and Kamoshida. What if she figures out my motive? Could she help or use this as an advantage?"

His hand was on your thigh as you slowly lowered your voice to a mere whisper, obviously worrying yourself the more you got into the situation.

Makoto wouldn't be one to do such a thing. It's not like her from what you've seen. In fact, she seems down at the mentions of Kamoshida and Shiho.

But then... Why is she being so persistent to figure out the identify of the Phantom Thieves?

Her morals aren't as corrupted as the others like her sister. Doesn't Sae have a palace, actually?

"Ngh!" She gasped and pressed her hand against her chest. Her breathing wavered as she looked around frantically.

"Y/N? Where does it hurt?" Goro sat up before replacing her hand with his to feel her heart beat. "You're hyperventilating. Sit back and try to relax yourself before the train stops. I'll have to call Shido about this. I don't want things to happen like last time..."

Last time...

When you were about to kill Goro with your persona. It was as if he used his power on you but he never did. It was your persona using her ability against you.

"Not the medicine- anything but that," She wheezed and covered her mouth before coughing. "It's so painful."

"But it helped you regain your strength, Y/N. I don't want this to happen again but it has to be done to improve your stability."

He squeezed your hand as he texted Shido on his phone.

"He'll have to contact the research team to figure out why it's happening again. We haven't gone to the Metaverse in a while too... Have you been going there alone lately?"

You shook your head, feeling guilty of lying but it was for the best. Makoto found out and if Goro finds out, it won't end well for her and the others.

"No, it would be suicide going there with my condition by myself."

"Then you'll call the school and tell them you'll be missing a few days. I'll notify the agency about your condition tomorrow, too. Once the team comes home, you won't be able to stand for a week again."

Last time it was for a month. And you remembered it clearly as it happened days before your birthday. Spending so much time in bed wasn't great if you didn't have the strength to even lift a finger.

"Alright, they'll be waiting for us. Stay strong for a little more, alright? The longer we take, the worse you'll get."

You gave him the smallest of nods before resting your head against his shoulder and his arm went around your waist.

Just as the train entered the tunnel, you saw your reflection shimmer to your persona, who stood there menacingly with her claws scratching her chest.