Chapter 4 (Edited)

Two months have gone by and so far, I can only say it's been perfect. I've been content with no drama at school whatsoever and a new friend group who I've gotten to get close with over the period of time I've been here. I got to meet many of the people from my school at the first party I went to with the group. It was awkward at first given I've never been to one but luckily Dillon was there to stick by my side, guide me around and introduce me.

When we got back to Sarah's that night, she pulled me aside while the girls were busy in messing up the already clean kitchen by baking some brownies. Rest in peace that kitchen. Sarah decided to surprise me by talking to me about Dillon, saying if I wanted to date him, I should go for it. I guess that was her way of giving me her approval.

That was only last week because she and the girls found out about my feelings towards Dillon. I've only started to develop them recently but I decided to tell them anyway. I mentioned I wasn't going to act on my feelings because I respected Sarah as my friend and I think that's why she pulled me aside. 

They all tell me to go for it and make the first move but I've been way too chicken to do anything. The way he acts towards me, the jokes and playful banter make me think he only thinks of me as a friend. I don't think I want to risk our friendship for a 'feeling' that I have and end up being wrong.

Due to it being the weekend, Sarah decided to invite us all over to her house to hang out. We were going to discuss a last-minute decision on what we should do today, which was to either go out or hang in Sarah's backyard yet again since we all absolutely loved how she and her mother decorated it. We would do our usual thing of just sitting in her backyard, having a BBQ and playing some games but mostly at night since that's the best time to be outdoors.

I grabbed my essentials, making sure to bring an overnight bag since we were sleeping over. Her and Dillon's parents were overseas for their anniversary until tomorrow. I head downstairs before saying goodbye to my family, giving them each a kiss on the cheek. I was quick to walk to Sarah's; thank god I've gotten some sleep today. That was only because I fell asleep reading the assigned book we got for English. It was way too boring.

I drummed on her door before she opened it with a wide grin. Sarah let me in and guided me into the living room where I saw the others. I decided to sit in between Ricky and Dillon as Sarah moved to stand in front of us.

"Ok now that we're all here, time for this meeting to begin, first topic of order is where should we go today to hang out?" Sarah asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know, it was your decision to gather the troops today sis," Dillon said.

He laid back with his body stretched out on the couch and his head on my lap, grinning up at me. I rolled my eyes as Sarah glared. Nate and Caleb smirked over at Dillon. I raised a brow in their direction, making them immediately look away to Sarah again. I huffed before pushing Dillon off me, making him roll onto the floor. The others began to snicker as Dillon groaned.

He is faking being hurt, he fell on the carpet and has face-planted worse than that. I only lightly pushed him. I liked Dillon, I really do, honestly, but I didn't want the others to get the wrong idea when I didn't even know his feelings for me.

"You hurt my face, how about a kiss to make it better?" Dillon smirked. My cheeks heated up against my will. Betrayal.

"Aw, fine, I'll kiss your little imaginary wound, Dillon," I joked. Dillon closed his eyes as if awaiting the kiss. I kissed my two fingers before pressing them to his cheek. "There you go."

"Well played," He glared. I chuckled.

"Ok enough flirting, back to the discussion," Sarah ordered. I shot her a glare as the other chuckled.