Chapter 5 (Edited)

I sang along to the music that was playing from my phone as I finished getting dressed by putting on my heels. I'll probably regret it later since I didn't even break it in and I'll most definitely be feeling the pain by the end of the night with blisters making it unbearable to walk. I wish it could be easy to wear heels and sometimes shoes. My god are they painful sometimes. The things I do because the clothing looks nice. Damn the temptation.

Today I was supposed to be going out with Dillon. Felt like forever waiting for this day but it's finally happened and I'm a nervous wreck on the inside. Music helps calm me so I don't freak out, especially in front of Dillon when he arrives to pick me up in an hour. Sarah messaged me that she would be coming over soon with Ricky and Chloe. Thank god, my saviour despite being my enemy at Truth and Dare last week. The three are my moral support tonight.

Luckily I'm not the only one that's a nervous wreck, Sarah let it slip that Dillon was also freaking out. I'm also lucky I'm even able to go. After telling my parents the next day when he asked me, my mother got excited and kept repeating 'my daughter is growing up' while my father had an instant scowl on his face, the disdain on his face clear and it was directed at Dillon. He told me I couldn't go but my mother came to my rescue by convincing him to change his mind even though he's not happy about it.

The doorbell rang a couple of minutes later but I didn't move from my bed; I'm way too lazy. I yelped when my door was thrown open as the three strolled in. I huffed and rolled my eyes before throwing my pillow at Sarah who entered first. She gasped, acting offended before chucking the pillow back at me but I was lucky to dodge the oncoming attack. 

Ricky and Chloe layed down on the floor while Sarah jumped to sit next to me on the mattress, almost making me fall off if I hadn't caught my balance on time.

"Seriously Sarah?" I complained. Sarah looked at me and shrugged.

"Not my fault," she said.

"If I ever get hurt because of you, I will make sure you suffer the same fate, my friend," I threatened.

"Lies, blatant lies, you will never hurt me," she said smugly. Chloe was quick to grab the discarded pillow of mine to chuck at Sarah. She fell back onto the bed and coughed before frowning. "Rude!" Sarah exclaimed.

"Love you!" Chloe laughed.

"I hate you, I do, I really do," Sarah grumbled as she sat up.

"Stop crying," Chloe teased.

"You're so dead, just you wait," Sarah threatened.

"You both act like children," Ricky chimed in.

"Then I'm worried about what kind of child does this; society has truly lost its way," I joked.

"Smartass," Ricky mumbled. I stuck my tongue out at her. I then winced when she kicked my shin. "That's for being rude." I rolled my eyes.

Soon the subject changed to tonight and my date with Dillon. Apparently, I'm supposed to tell them everything and I probably will, after I tell Amanda of course. I didn't notice the time go by until the echo of the doorbell brought me back to reality, that it was time to face my fears.

"Ready?" Sarah asked with a smile. I nodded and followed her and the others out the door. I noticed Dillon standing at the door, running his hand through his hair and taking deep breaths while he held onto a bouquet of tulips. My eyes practically lit up at the bunch. I already know where I'm going to place them in my room.

"Well, whom may these flowers be for?" I questioned with a sly smile. Dillon looked up and his eyes widened before the corners of his lip turned upwards.