Chapter 12 (Edited)

A/N: The picture above is Jack (character inspiration)

"You can all applaud now since your night just got better ladies because I've arrived!" Sarah shouted dramatically as she ran and slid into the doorway of the kitchen in her socks with her duffle bag over her shoulder. Amanda and I paused and stared at her with a blunt expression before resuming our work. Sarah's jaw dropped. "Well I never," she gasped.

"You know we love you," I grinned.

"Speak for yourself, she steals my shit," Amanda jokingly accused Sarah, pointing at her.

"Hold up! Don't you dare blame me missy! I am an innocent bean! I've stolen nothing!" Sarah shouted defensively with both her hands on her hips.

"You stole my apple today!"

"It's a bloody apple!"

Amanda started chasing Sarah as Sarah dropped her bag and booked it up the stairs. I stared with wide eyes but shrugged it off. I don't know why I'm surprised at this. Sarah and Amanda are quite similar, not interests wise but in their personality of being bubbly, energetic, hyper, and humorous. And yet I love them for that because it helps take my mind off of anything negative. Gotta love sharing the good vibes with your friends.

"Why are you snickering?" Amanda asked as she walked into the kitchen with Sarah behind her, pouting with her hair wet. I must have been laughing to myself. And I'm guessing Sarah's had an encounter with the tap.

"I'll tell you when you tell me why Sarah's dripping water all over my kitchen floor," I negotiated.

"Ok firstly, this isn't your kitchen, you wish it was, and secondly, Amanda managed to grab the showerhead and spray me with water. Also, your brother's a dick for watching it all and doing nothing...he can be my brother's best friend," Sarah explained with a scowl on her face. I laughed.

"Ah yes because that would go so well having my big brother and my boyfriend as best friends," I said sarcastically.

"It's not like your brother would kill him," Sarah shrugged as she started prepping the pasta while Amanda went back to making the strawberry jam.

"He wouldn't but he would make Dillon's life hell," I pointed out. Amanda walked over to stand next to me, watching over my shoulder, as I was about to make the whipped cream. "You good there?" I asked with a raised brow.

She opened her mouth to reply but was cut off when Max entered the room, shirtless with his headphones on and the music blasted on full volume considering I can clearly hear it from here. I think both Amanda and Sarah's eyes bulged out of their sockets watching him. I shivered in disgust as they practically almost drooled. I will never get used to seeing my friends drool over my brother.

"Ok I know I got over my crush on your brother but he's still hot," Amanda said.

I forgot that she had a massive crush on him ... I probably tried to mentally block that information out. I'll never admit it to Amanda but I'm happy she got over her I guess slight obsession with him because I know Max and he would never reciprocate the same feelings she had towards him. I'd rather she not have to go through heartbreak; she doesn't deserve that.

"I agree with you there sister," Sarah grinned. She then whistled.

"I'm dying on the inside over this discussion," I muttered in disgust. Suddenly a handful of flour was chucked onto my face making me sneeze. I glared as Sarah smirked and Amanda snickered.

"Enjoy the flour, my friend," Sarah said.

I gave her the middle finger and stuck my tongue out while she began laughing. After that, I refrained from cracking an egg on Sarah's head as payback while we finished up making everything.