Chapter 24 (Edited)

Amy's POV

I kept running, though my foot kept sinking into the sand, slowing me down. I didn't care though; I just wanted to get as far away as possible from him, from Dillon. Tears were streaming down my face as I took deep breaths though it felt like I was more hyperventilating. It felt like my heart had physically been broken. Yes, we were on a rocky patch but I still cared for and loved him despite our difficulties. I guess my hopes for us to work things out and rekindle things are thrown out the window.

Everything we had was just a lie so he could keep me on the sidelines while he sleeps with Thalia, the one girl who has made my life nothing but absolute shit since I came back. It's like our relationship meant nothing that it made it so easy to move on to another woman and hurt me like that, not caring how I would feel stringing me along. Dillon was always the one jealous and yes, sometimes he had a reason, though never for his actions, but I never questioned my trust for him. Oh, how much of a fool I was to think he was committed to me when he was anything but that.

"Amy! Wait! Please! Damn it," Dillon shouted, trying to get me to stop.

I didn't listen. He decided to grab my wrist roughly, halting my escape and spinning me around to face him. He was panting while I was glaring up at him. I struggled against his grip, fighting to get out of it. I didn't want to be near him, nor did I want to hear him speak. I don't know how he was going to defend himself now after what I heard and what I saw.

"Let go of me Dillon, I don't want to speak to you," I snapped. Dillon stepped back when I finally succeeded in getting my wrist free from his grip.

"Please just let me explain the misunderstanding," he begged. Misunderstanding? We're going with that bullshit? Ok then.

"You want to talk? Fine, let's talk, why'd you do it? Why'd you cheat?" I questioned, crossing my arms and staring him down.

"It's not what it looks like," he instantly attempted to defend himself. I rolled my eyes. That line is a classic in the book for cheaters. It's getting old.

"Oh really? Ok then look me in the eyes and tell me everything I heard was a lie! Tell me that you weren't cheating on me with Thalia for god knows how long behind my back! Tell me that it all just bullshit!" I demanded. He opened his mouth to speak while looking into my eyes but gave up on saying anything. He sighed as his head dropped down. I scoffed, not surprised one bit. "You can't even look me in the eye," I said with disgust in my voice.

"Listen it was only one time," he sighed, rubbing his temple while still looking at the sand.

"One time? And what? Am I supposed to be grateful? Oh yes, thank you so much Dillon for sleeping with Thalia one time only, it thrills me to see that you were thinking about my feelings," I sarcastically sneered.

"You're making a big deal out of nothing; you almost kissed Jack and I forgave you for that," he argued. My mouth fell open in disbelief. I can't believe he used that against me! Is that why he forgave me so easily? So that I could just 'forgive' him back for this? This is much worse than what I did because I did absolutely shit.

"You're forgetting the important word in that sentence Dillon, almost, I almost did but I stopped myself because I thought of you; I cared about you, but you actually went through and did worse than that, you hooked up with another woman; you were thinking with your dick rather than your head so don't expect me to forgive you just because you forgave me for almost kissing Jack," I raged.

"This is why I didn't want to tell you," he grumbled under his breath but I could hear him. I narrowed my eyes and clenched my fists.

"And how long were you planning to not tell me huh? How long were you planning to leave me on the sidelines, in the dark, while you had your fun?" I demanded. He was silent at that question. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. That hurt to know he meant he was never going to tell me. I would have been in a relationship that was all a lie for god knows how long and made to look like a fool for being oblivious.