Chapter 25 (Edited)

"You sure you don't want me to give him a separate black eye? I'd be happy to do it," John asked as he stopped and pretended to punch the air with narrowed eyes. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Yes John, I'm sure, you are not allowed to punch him, plus he already looks like shit," I said.

John and I were walking around downtown since he wanted to take me out while Jack was out with Lisa visiting family and Amanda wasn't allowed to go out until she finished her assignment that was worth like half her grade, which was due next week. I was alone at home since Catherine had gone to her friend's house and Max had surprisingly gone to the tailor shop to look for suits since he got a full-time job as a junior legal assistant at Anderson's Law Firm.

It's been a week since the incident with Dillon and Sarah. I'm more angry than I am upset at this point. I've not spoken to them since. Dillon, I barely see at school, and if I do, he glares at me as if I'm the bad guy in this breakup when it's completely his fault. I may not be innocent but in this instance, he caused this. With Sarah, I haven't had the courage to talk to her just yet. Yes, I wanted to mend things with her but it still hurt at the memory that she knew and never said anything, making me look like a fool. The betrayal still hurts, I'll admit, it fucking sucks.

"A singular black eye and a cut teaches him nothing, he still gets to do what he wants and thinks he's a 'free man' to do as he pleases!" John exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air. Some people turned their heads towards me.

"John, shut. Up," I hushed him.

"What? I'm only pointing out facts, the guys a dick," John cursed.

"I could have easily told you that," I muttered as we entered an ice cream shop.

"How about-?"

"No,"

I instantly shut down what he was going to say. I knew he was just going to suggest again that he beat up Dillon or get some sort of 'revenge' on the guy. I mean, he probably deserves some sort of punishment but I think what Jack did to him was enough. I could talk to him, but I'm not about to tell him the obvious thing, that what he did was absolutely stupid. It's up to him what he wants to do with his life now that I'm out of it. It's not my business to say anything unless he wants to do the same thing to another girl, then yeah, maybe someone should point out the giant red flag waving in the air.

We thanked the employee for the ice cream, which John beat me to paying, before heading out of the shop.

"How's your family? I haven't seen them in a while," John asked. I shrugged.

"They're fine but I haven't talked to them since Christmas," I answered.

"Maybe you should call them soon," he suggested.

"Maybe" I mumbled.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I fetched it out and swiped through to see it was from Amanda letting me know she would visit me at Jack's house later in the evening. Apparently, she powered through the assignment in just a week. I'm surprised; I can barely do any assignment in a week. Well, depending actually. I would probably for anything to do with literature. The rest takes sweet time to complete to my perfection so that I can get the best result.

"Looks like Amanda is going to be coming over later today; you joining us after this or are you still being too much of a coward to man up and ask her out?" I asked him.

I knew John liked Amanda; it was too obvious the way he looks and acts around her. They both think I'm oblivious to the fact they both have a thing for each other. But, John is too scared to ask her out, fearing she'll turn him down, whereas, for Amanda, she's too stubborn to admit she has any feelings alone for him. That's more because of her previous relationship but the rumours of John not ever having any long-lasting relationships, more one night stands, doesn't help despite it all being bullshit.