Chapter 6 (Edited)

I sighed as I zipped up my suitcase and looked around my empty room. There were some good memories made here but I guess it's time to leave. I mean I've been in Florida for two years now and it's been the best having spent most of my time with my new friends, having Amanda visit with her family, and going on dates with Dillon since we're still going strong.

I'll admit I'm a little scared about this long-distance relationship but I guess I'm willing to see how it goes. I wish that my father hadn't decided to accept the transfer to work back where we used to live. But since my parents never expected to move back and ended up selling our old house, we are moving into a whole new house. I guess that isn't bad but I wish being here wasn't such a short-lived experience.

The unfortunate thing about all of this is probably that I have to go back to my old school as well. I mean I'll be happy to see Amanda again. We talked yesterday over the phone. We were going to meet before school on Monday, giving me only the weekend to settle in, which is not enough time but I have to suck it up and prepare myself for whatever my return has in store for me. I can only hope no one says anything and that I can hide in the shadows.

No, no, you're not supposed to fall back to your old ways of dealing with things Amy, you got to do something

Being in between wanting to hide from my peers and wanting to speak up and tell them off is conflicting. Being around the same people who have done nothing but make my life miserable is going to be a challenge. They made me feel weak and insecure, something I will never go back to because it only shows them that they have power over me and I'm not about to let them win again.

"I still can't believe you're leaving."

I jumped and spun around quickly to see Dillon leaning against my doorframe with his arms crossed. He glanced around the room before pushing himself off the frame and walking over to me. I smiled as he cupped my face in his hands and leaned his forehead against mine.

"I'm going to miss you," he whispered.

"And I'm going to miss you too," I whispered. We stayed like that for a minute before Dillon pulled me into his arms, hugging me like he never wanted to let me go. "Hey, I'm sure we can handle long distance, we'll call, text, FaceTime, whatever we can whenever we can, I mean it's only for one year, we can get through this, right?" I asked. I'm sure he can hear the doubt in my voice.

"Right, nothing is going to separate us, I promise to always think of you every day," he proclaimed. I chuckled. After two years, I'm still not used to Dillon being like this. Not being playful or joking around. Just making me feel comforted and content with his presence and sometimes, special.

"And I the same, I will think of how much of a goofball you are," I joked. Dillon pulled back to glare at me.

"Hey! In my defence I got that from hanging out with you my dear," he defended.

"No, you didn't, you've been a goofball ever since I first met you," I corrected.

"Ah yes, the day we first met when I noticed you were practically eyeballing me from afar," he teased. I huffed and glared up at him. I lightly hit his arm to which he just threw his head back and laughed at.

"Are we interrupting something?" I heard from behind me.

Dillon looked up and I looked over my shoulder to see Sarah standing by the entrance of my room. I pulled away from Dillon. He frowned while I rolled my eyes but kissed his cheek before walking over to Sarah. We both smiled at each other and hugged.

"You better call me when you get home or else I'm going to fly over there and slap you myself," Sarah threatened. I laughed before separating from the hug.