Chapter 22 (Edited)

"How are you feeling?" I asked Jack as I placed a frozen ice pack on his cheek. He winced on impact but took it from my hands nonetheless, pressing it more to his skin. I sat on the armrest of the armchair where Jack was sitting. I frowned at his appearance.

Jack just recently came home about ten minutes ago after John dropped him off. Dillon had taken me home on my motorcycle, despite my protest since I didn't want him driving my bike. Apparently, after I left, let's just say, the girls took their anger out on him. It was lucky John came in to the rescue to tell them all to back off. The teachers were god knows where. The girls more slapped him rather than punched him, except one who kneed him in between the legs. As much as that part made me want to laugh, I kind of felt bad for him.

"I feel like I got beat up," he muttered. I rolled my eyes.

Smartass

"I'm surprised so many actually hit you," I said.

"I'm not, don't tell me you didn't think about it when you thought that shit was mine," Jack pointed out.

It's true; I did want to slap him. For just a single moment, while I was indignant by the belief he was using me to just tick my name off that damned list, I was tempted to slap him. It was, still is, degrading to have a name in a book to tick off once you've slept with them or to call others for your own personal gain; for you to use. Tristan...Oh how much I want to hang his head against a desk.

"Ok, so you got me there but still, I mean what? Did you sleep with all of them?" I questioned, raising a brow.

I was slightly curious about that. I only know what Amanda told me while I was away, which wasn't much since a lot of the time, I didn't want to hear about him, let alone even a mention of his name. However, Amanda did tell me that Jack was a 'player' but never elaborated further since I stopped her at that.

"No, I may have slept with a few but they knew what they were getting into and it all stopped last year when I got into a relationship with Thalia," he explained. I simply nodded. I mean, at least he stopped when he got into a relationship but now I wanted to know what happened after his break up with Thalia and what made them split in the first place.

"Is it too much to ask why you two broke up?" I asked hesitantly. He sighed and rubbed his temple.

"Believe it or not, she cheated on me," he answered. Oh, I believe it, unfortunately.

"You really loved her huh?"

"Yeah, after the breakup, it took a while to get over it but it got me thinking, after witnessing first hand the witch in incarnation from the Salem trials, that I wanted to change," he admitted. I raised a brow. "Actually, I thought about you when I wanted to change and how I treated you; I was filled with regret."

"You did?" I questioned. That's somehow hard to believe.

"Yes, you were on my mind for about a year maybe until you came back and then you were in my life constantly, which not only made me want to try and get you to forgive me for everything I've done to you but also I wanted to...kiss you," he continued. I looked away, my cheeks heating up as I awkwardly coughed. Shit, I have to stop him before he says something that he'll regret, or just something I don't need to hear.

"You know what, I just remembered I have to call Amanda," I lied. Before he could say anything, I quickly got up and ran upstairs. I placed my forehead on the closed door of the bedroom, sighing. "Fuck."

I don't know what he was going to say after that but I didn't want to know. It would just complicate things further than there already are. I needed to get my mind off of this. It's too much for one day. I just need a break. I grabbed my phone, dialling the only two people I knew I could talk to and who could help me.