Chapter 8 (Edited)

A/N: Picture of Amy's best friend, Amanda. 

"What took you so long?" Amanda immediately asked once I got to the auditorium that was located on the other end of the school.

Pain in the ass to get to but can't do anything about it other than curse the designers for making this place so big. I may be tiny but I'm not athletic. The only time I'll ever run is if I'm terrified and need to scramble on out of somewhere to save my life. Luckily this is reality and not a horror movie or else I'd also be holding a flamethrower while I ran...though I admit that would be cool.

I put my bag down on the front row seat before climbing onto the stage rather than taking the steps towards the right.

"One word. Jack," I replied bluntly. Amanda rolled her eyes and huffed, shaking her head.

"Of course, why am I not surprised?" she muttered with irritation before staring at me with concern prominent in her hazel eyes. "He didn't do anything to hurt you or something...did he? Because if he did, I'll fuck him up myself," Amanda growled as she clenched both her fists, her well-manicured pastel pink nails pressing into her skin as she did so. I frowned and shook my head.

"He didn't do anything, Amanda, he only wanted some answers, and even if he did, I can handle myself, you don't have to worry about me," I reassured her so she could stop hurting herself by almost drawing blood from her nails.

Amanda has always been that way, overprotective, almost like a second sister except older than me by a month. Many tend to quickly judge her, like deciding whether they like a book based on the cover rather than what the inside contains. She cares about others more than herself. It means a lot. Luckily though I can protect myself. Jack can't get to me, not like before.

Amanda closed her eyes and took a deep breath, relaxing her tensed-up body. She then opened her eyes and smiled. I raised a brow. I forget that she's also sometimes scary when she switches moods in a mere second. Going from angry to happy or from sad to the raging hulk ready to rip someone's head off.

"Sorry about that, you know how I get?" she apologised with a sheepish expression. I waved her off.

"Nah, it's ok, I understand, you care about your old dear best friend here too much, I know I'm perfect but-,"

"Oh shut up!"

Amanda slapped my arm playfully with a glare. I laughed before sticking my tongue out at her to which she did the same while giving me both the middle fingers.

"Calm down e-girl," I teased.

She just animatedly mocked me while shaking her head. I silently chuckled. I only called her an e-girl because she absolutely hates the term and being referred to it simply because her hair looks like the stereotypical look of one. The front few strands of her hair are blond while the rest is black, her natural hair colour.

"We're here!" someone exclaimed, their voice echoing throughout the huge auditorium.

We both turned our heads to the entrance to see a group of unfamiliar girls, around 6 of them, walking over to us. I tilted my head in confusion. They put their bags down on the seats beside where my bag sat before hopping onto the stage beside us. 'I'll get you back' Amanda mouthed but I just waved her off and rolled my eyes.

"Ok, now that you're all here Amy can finally meet the whole group," Amanda stated, her voice loud and clear as she stood beside me in front of everyone. I awkwardly waved at them with a smile.

It feels weird being introduced and seen as the new kid to some when I was really just a former student that very few remember or really noticed properly until now. Sometimes it's nice to be recognised but not when it's because of your appearance but rather on the impact you've made. I don't really want anyone's attention, I just want to be myself but considering some of the stares I got in my classes this morning, that's going to be easier said than done. Plus when have things ever gone right for me? Never.