Chapter 23 (Edited)

Jack's POV

I watched as Amy got out of the car and walked to where her friends were. I sighed and slouched in my seat as I rubbed my temple. Another day another failure in my attempt to get her to forgive me and see me as someone more than a friend or an "old bully". I don't even know if she sees me as a friend at all. It's difficult having to hold myself back from admitting that I was attracted to her but I've already gotten in enough fights with her boyfriend; I don't think I should be getting into anymore.

I contemplated going back home and as I glanced over into the distance where I could still see Amy animatedly talk to her friend with a beaming smile, I found myself not wanting to leave. The corners of my lips unknowingly turned upwards into a smile. Suddenly there was rapid knocking on the passenger window. I turned my head to see John. I rolled my eyes as I pressed the button beside me to reel the window down.

"Look who it is, it's the shunned king of the school," John joked with a grin. I gave him the finger with a glare. John laughed.

I hate being reminded of what happened earlier today. It was all because of a fucking book that no one has proof about. Thalia only had to say one damn lie and everyone stupidly believes it without asking questions or having any suspicion because she is the 'queen', though most of the people are probably more scared of her, but some do mindlessly worship the ground she walks on. That's how she gets people. She has them wrapped around her finger and they do her bidding for her.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Dropping off Amy," I replied. He smirked.

"Uh, I see, you have a little 'crush' on her," John teased.

"Fuck you," I muttered.

"Oh come on, I'm only teasing though we both know I'm right; you tend to stare at her with hearts in your eyes as if you were a cartoon character, now I'm just waiting for your heart to burst out of your chest," he snickered.

"Sometimes I want to punch you," I scowled. He smugly grinned.

"But you love me; I'm your best friend," he sang jokingly, moving his head side to side. I sometimes regret befriending him. Bastard.

"Whatever," I grumbled.

"Come out of the car and join the party brother," John urged, motioning his head towards where the light of the bonfire was.

You could hear the thumping of the music from the party, accompanied by the loud shouting, laughing, and drunken cheering from fellow peers who can't handle alcohol. Might as well stay and ease some stress after the shit show of a day I had today. I bloody deserve a drink at this point. Maybe two or more to get me to forget about everything.

The anger has diminished but that doesn't mean I'm not tempted to go to the dipshit that is Tristan and 'persuade' him to tell everyone the truth so I can get out of this mess. Though I guess I deserve the treatment. I haven't been the best person in my lifetime, especially to Amy. I've apologised to the people I've hurt, but it's just Amy that I'm hoping can forgive me, at least confirm that she does.

"Fine, might as well," I sighed. I stepped out of the car and followed John onto the sand.

A group of drunken jocks stumbled by, trying to throw and catch a football. One of them had half a bottle of Jack Daniel's. John decided to grab it from the guy, which he didn't notice. John instantly downed a large gulp of it before offering me some, to which I accepted.

"I can see there were some chicks who gave you a nicely bruised cheek to accompany your black eye Dillon gave you," he nodded. I huffed in annoyance at the memory.