36

I opened the door. "Juvia-ne.."
He stood there in front of my door.
Why was he here?

"Meredy" he said. I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Ly...lyon" I whispered. I could feel my eyes tearing up.

"Meredy..."

...........

I still couldn't believe he was standing in front of me.

I wasn't able to say anything, I didn't know if I should slam the door in front of his face or embrace him.

"Why are you here?" I barely muttered. He knew how much I wavered on the inside.

"Meredy, I.. " Lyon was saying, but stopped midway. "I am.. I am sorry."

I am sorry. How was he able to say it so easily? I wondered

The words I thought he would never say. "Sorry" was the word he hated most. He had never apologized to anyone.

I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say. All I wanted was to scream at him and ask him why he left me? Why he left me alone by myself? Why he wanted to abandon our baby?

I loved this man to pieces and I hated him for leaving me... but I never ever thought he would  come back.

I was unstable, not knowing what to do. I wasn't able to take my anger out on him. I tried to control the tears, I turned around and went to the living room. He was still outside the door.

I didn't know if he would come inside or stay out there. I wiped my tears when I heard his footsteps.

"M..meredy, I.. I don't know how to apologize. I know I don't deser.." he spoke

Without thinking, I grabbed the cushion from the couch and threw it at him.

It hit him, he didn't say anything.
It annoyed me that he wasn't saying anything, I grabbed an another one and threw it at him again. *Curse pregnancy hormones

"You asshole! Why did you leave me?" I whispered. I slowly made myself towards him.

"You arrogant bastard! How could you even think about leaving me?"
I threw another cushion at him, instead of letting it hit him, he caught it.

"Me.. Meredy" he whispered, dropping the cushion on the floor.

I dropped to the floor. " Do you know how long I waited for you? You left me, you left us." I couldn't control my tears. I saw the hurt in his eyes, the regret.

He knelt down beside me, "Meredy, I don't deser.." I pulled him closer and hugged him.

"I missed you, Lyon" I burst into tears. "Do you have any idea how much I missed you?"

He wrapped his arms over my back, pressing me against his chest. "I'm sorry... Meredy"

He held me tight. I was weak, I couldn't do anything. He came back, he really came back....

"Meredy, forgive me.." he pleaded. He dropped to his knees in front of me.

At that moment I realized how much he resented leaving us. I knelt down. I saw the sorrow and regret vividly in his eyes.

He joined my hands and brought it towards him. "I know I don't deserve you or our son... but just give me a chance. I won't ever hurt you again. Please.. Meredy"

The man I fell in love with once was back, the man who was once genuine and sincere.

I had forgived him the moment he stood in front of my door, but I was stubborn. I hated him for leaving us but I can't bear to stay away from him.