one.

I made it.

"Are you ever coming back to Point Place?" He asks me down the phone.

"I don't know, he broke my heart and now I'm doing what I wanted to do." I smile. "I'm happy."

I feel Ben's warm arms wrap around my stomach as he kisses my neck. "Come on. It's starting soon."

I shush him and listen back down the phone. "We all miss you Erin. You've been gone for four months."

"I know how long I've been gone for Kelso." I roll my eyes and face my beautiful boyfriend. "But I am happy. A lot happier then I was ever in Point Place."

I lie.

I hear the phone being swapped to a different person. "Hyde's been a wreck ever since you left. He grew a beard." Donna speaks. "You're apart of the gang. We all miss you. Where are you anyway?"

"Philadelphia. Led Zeppelin's final concert of their tour is on tonight and I am going."

Donna laughs. "Have fun. We have to go sorry. Red's called us upstairs. Love you."

She hangs up before I can say goodbye. "Shall we go Ben."

He runs his hands through his blonde shaggy hair and nods. "We shall my lady."

---

My lies suffocate my lungs as I continue to speak them.

I am fine.

I am happy.

I am... in love.

But I cannot stop speaking them, maybe if I keep lying to them then I'll believe it myself.

---

He looked at me the way all women want to be looked at by a man.

He looked at me like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time.

He looked at me like I hung the moon and painted the stars in the sky.

He looks at me the way you look at something you can never have, the way you look at the sky you can never reach.

He saw the crescent. But I saw the whole of the moon.