eighteen.

Turns out Kitty's 'pregnancy' is just menopause... but she's been taking her mind off it with Schotzie the dog.

Forman kitchen, Thanksgiving.

Kitty is baking a pie; Eric is doing something next to her... I think eating a brownie, while Kelso and Hyde are digging in the refrigerator. Kelso is holding Schotzie.

"Okay. Perfect." Kitty says in her excited but flustered voice. "We're all set for turkey day. And there'll be plenty of room, especially without Laurie. Has anyone heard from her? Of course not. I guess respect and courtesy aren't genetic like my slim hips." She laughs

Eric looks as the brown sausage dog and pats his head. "Hey, Schotzie, stay away from my witch sister. Her and her witch friends have been known to sacrifice small animals... oh, and possibly that one asthmatic neighbor boy."

Kitty shakes her head. "Eric, little Wally moved away."

Eric furrows his eyebrows and looks at me. "A 6-year-old moved away? His parents still live in that house!"

I awkwardly sit there and eat my breakfast while watching the boys.

"Mrs. Forman, I would love to come to your thanksgiving dinner," Kelso says and places Schotzie on the floor, "and I'll bring a date and a 12-pack, just like the pilgrims."

***

I sit on the top of the Vista Cruiser next to Eric and he looks at the sheet of his paper in his hands. "You guys, Red is gonna flip when he sees this failing notice." Eric clears his throat. "To the parent or guardian of Eric Forman..."

Hyde and Fez are playing catch with a football, Fez throws the ball back to Hyde and faces us, "Your son is a complete idiot. Please kick him out and raise the foreign boy as your own." He laughs and Hyde hits Fez with the football.

"Man, all I did was mess up on two math quizzes, but Ms. McGee has to be all," Eric changes his voice slightly. "I'm Ms. McGee, I wear high heels and fail everybody."

"What's that?" I stifle a laugh.

"That's Ms. McGee." Eric looks at me.

"You hardly changed your voice."

"Well, sure I did." Eric 'changes' his voice again. "I'm Ms. McGee!"

"That's just your voice." I shake my head.

"I'm doing an impression."

"Well, you suck at impressions." I watch as Red walks out to meet us.

"Okay, forget it."

"Are you still doing her?" I tease Eric as he gives me a look. 

We both stay silent as we watch Hyde talk to Red about him failing gym class. "Oh, hey, Red. Do me a favor. Sign this, huh? My gym teacher's failing me 'cause I won't wear shorts." Hyde gives him the paper like it's nothing. 

Red frowns his signature frown. "Why won't you wear shorts?"

"Would you wear shorts?" Hyde snarkly replies back.

"Fine." He signs it. "So, Erin, how's school treating you?" He asks me as I hop of the Vista. "Eric, managing to keep from embarrassing yourself?"

I smile and nod my head. "I'm doing well in all my classes, making sure I pass and I'm looking at a future." Red likes my answer and turns towards Eric for his answer.

"Yeah. Oh, sure, I've been buckling down, just like you said, and thinking a little bit more about my future, which I believe you also recommended." Eric kisses his ass.

"Well, it's good to know that 17 years of kicking your ass has finally paid off." Red laughs as he goes back into the house.

Fez tuts and shakes his head. "Eric, you didn't have him sign your failing notice."

Eric swats it away, "oh, I don't wanna trouble him with this old thing. I'll just sign his name myself, because...that's how good a son I am." He gets the pen out of his pocket and forges Red's signature. 

***

I sit down at the kids table while Hyde goes to get a chair for himself. Fez stands up from the kids accidentally bumps into Red. "You." Red points. "Why are you here? You don't even know what thanksgiving is."

"I'm here because my host parents are feeding bums at church." Fez grumps. "Charity begins at home, my ass." He storms away.

Soon enough the doorbell rings and I frown at Red in confusion. Were we expecting anyone else?

"Laurie!" Eric sarcastically cheers.

"Hey, little brother."

"You're back...and you're not even eight months pregnant."

Laurie enters the house and puts on her fake voice when she sees Kitty. "Mummy!"

"Laurie! Oh, my goodness, I knew you'd come!" She hugs Laurie.

"Hi, Daddy!" She tries to hug Red but he doesn't embrace her back.

He growls. "All the phones broken in Chicago?"

Laurie breaks away and shakes her head. "No, well, see, I had other plans, but my date-I mean, business associate-had to go be with his wife." She continues to lie. "I mean, other business associate. I'm doing good!"

"Okay, well, you know what? I'm going to set you a place right next to me at the big table." Kitty smiles.

"No, Kitty. I think that seat belongs to Eric." 

Eric looks at me in shock as I do the same look back. "Me? At the adults' table? Are you sure I'm ready?"

"But, Daddy-" Laurie speaks but gets interrupted.

"Maybe before you leave you'll be acting a little more like him." Red passive-aggressively growls as Laurie.

Hyde finally enters carrying a chair and is stopped by Eric, "yeah! I'm the favorite now! Ooh. Taste that."

Hyde rolls his eyes and sits beside me and looks at Laurie. "Pimp gave you the holiday off, huh?"

Laurie gives Hyde a look of judgement. "Yeah. He replaced me with your mum."

I laugh and take a sip of my drink. "Now this is my kind of thanksgiving."

*** 

Hey guys sorry I've been away for  while but hopefully I'm back. I'm writing a new story based off one of my favorite movie 'Music and Lyrics' so if you want go have a look.