eight.

A knock comes to my bedroom door while I get ready for Hyde and I's date. "Is my girl ready?"

I tie my hair into a bun. "The doors open Hyde."

"Does it ever gross you out that Laurie's had sex with hundreds of men on this bed." He takes a seat on the bed as I put my necklace on.

"I asked Kitty if the sheets could be bleached and the mattress soaked." I look over to Hyde and notice his beard is gone. "Your beard." I stand up an cup his cheeks earning a smile from him. His smile captures me.

"Should we go?"

---

I take a bite into my slice of pizza and look at the view outside the window. "You know. I kind of liked that beard." I joke.

"Really Erin?" Hyde laughs.

"Yeah, it was kind of hot." I wink and look into his eyes. "I would've let you go all the way with me."

He mumbles shit under his breath causing me to laugh. "You're not serious are you."

"Of course not. You know you can't make it that far with me."

---

Last night was amazing.

Pizza.
Carrie, a new movie.

It was perfect. I think I'm ready to ready forgive him.

I walk into the kitchen in the morning with Hyde following after me holding my hand. "Good morning." Kitty smiles. "I have terrible news."

Hyde and I begin to walk out but Kitty stops us. "Sure, we're family when something bad happens."

We take a seat next to each other at the breakfast table and fight over the last two pancakes.

"Are we out of bacon?" Red asks with concern.

"No. I was outside, and--"

"Remember that time we were out of bacon?" Red interrupts to ask Eric a stupid question.

"Do I?" Eric shakes his head. "Nearly tore this family apart."

"Listen to me! Midge left Bob." Kitty calls out over the loud voices.

"Are you sure? I mean, maybe she's just lost in the backyard." Eric, Red and Hyde laugh while Kitty and I are the only one concerned.

"This is serious. I was up early, and I saw Midge getting into her car with a suitcase. And I said, 'Where are you going, Midge?' Because I'm concerned, not nosy. And she said to me 'I am leaving Bob, and I am never coming back.' And I said, 'Okay.' And then I- I- I laughed like I do when I'm uncomfortable." Kitty laughs at the end and takes a seat at the table.

"But... what about Donna? I mean, what are they gonna do?" Eric asks.

"Well, okay. They are going to depend on the kindness of their friends and neighbors which is why we need to go over there as a family to comfort them."

"Yikes." Hyde speaks up.

"No." Eric shakes his head.