three.

"How much for this car?" I ask the dealership of Point Place.

"I'll take it off your hands for $3500." The man says as he looks in my bonnet.of my 1976 Ford Pinto. "You've looked after this car well."

I nod. "If you give me the cash I'll be on my way."

---

A knock. One nervous shaking knock. Knock.

The door opens and I see a friendly smile I've missed. "Erin Smith?" Kitty Forman smiles. She pulls me into a hug and gives me a squeeze. "It really is you."

"Hi, Mrs Forman. Could I come in?" She lets me in and I smile at the commonness of the room. "I missed this place."

"We all missed you too." She takes a seat and gestures me to sit as well. "So what brings you back?"

"I miss home." I smile. "You all treated me so nice and it's hard to find that out there. Mrs Forman. Could I please come back?"

She smiles and lets out a giggle. "It's like the Progidal Son in the Bible. Of course you can come back. You can even have Laurie's room my dear."

I smile and give her what's left of my money. "That's for helping me out. Thank you."

---

I sit on the basement stairs as I try to collect the courage to tell them I'm back. Maybe they won't want me back...

Eric is sitting on the couch counting money. When Hyde and Kelso walk
in the room.

"Hey." I peek as Hyde goes to sit at his chair. Kelso sits on the couch next to Eric.

"Whatcha doing?" Kelso asks as he looks over Eric's shoulder.

"Just counting my secret stash. I'm getting something special for Donna."

"Oh, something special, huh?" Kelso thinks. "Oh, is it firecrackers?" Wrong thought.

"No."

"Cause, if it's something that blows up, I'll go halfsies." I can't see his expression but I know he would be smiling at his remark.

Eric just stares at Kelso. Kelso takes this, for once, in the right way, stands up, and walks around to the back of the couch.

"It's a promise ring. 'Cause, you know, Donna and I have been fighting a lot lately..."

"Forman. You get mushy with Donna, she's gonna see the secret girl inside the man. Now, trust me. You don't wanna let Erica out." Hyde nods and scratches his beard.

Sitting back down on the arm of the couch Kelso laughs. "Erica. That's a
good burn. You can't do that with Michael, I'm lucky."

"Oh, really Michelle?"

"Oh, I forgot about Michelle." Kelso groans to Hyde then moves his attention back to Eric."Look. Hyde obviously doesn't understand mature relationships since he lost his last girlfriend and is still tied up on her. But I do. And a promise ring is not only a gift from the heart, but it also means more sex and less mouthing off." I watch as he considers what he's just said. "I'm getting one for Jackie, too!"

"Yeah, Hyde, how's getting Erin back?" Eric asks Hyde.

My stomach jumps.

"Can we just leave it." Hyde sighs as he picks up a magazine to ignore the boys. "She obviously doesn't want to come back to Point Place. I fucked up and I miss her."

I bite my bottom lip. He never opened up like that.

"We're going to go buy promise rings. You can come if you want."

Kelps and Eric stand.

"All right! Se ya later, Hyde-a...uh, lisha." Kelps thinks. "What's a good girlie name for Hyde?"

"Uh, Hyde...dringa?"

"It's Heidi, you morons, Heidi!"

"Or Stevie."