nine.

Christmas time! The first Christmas I get to spend with a real family and my boyfriend.

Kitty is taking Chrismas cookies of the baking tray. Eric is eating them.

I sit at the kitchen table with Hyde as we drink our soda.

"So, Eric, have you made your Christmas list for Santa yet?" Kitty asks.

"Well, um, I was going to, but then I turned ten." Eric replies back and bites down on one of the Christmas tree cookies.

"Steven and Erin made theirs."

"T-shirts." Hyde and I both shrug then turn to look at each other. "I know what to get you now."

"Well, I guess I could ask for a cassette player for the Vista Cruiser like I have for the last eighty years. But I won't get one, so I might as well just ask for a raincoat."

"Oh, so you want a raincoat?" Kitty giggles and taps her forehead as a symbol of remembrance.

Eric sighs and walks over to us. "Man, remember when you used to come downstairs Christmas morning and you'd see your stocking over the fire all filled with toys?"

Hyde shakes his head and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Well, one year, I saw my mom's panty hose on the radiator and uh, Uncle ''Strange Man'' sleeping on the floor. He had a red nose though. That's Christmassy."

Eric looks at me for help to defend his conversation. "We didn't celebrate Christmas."

"Okay. Okay." Kitty claps her hands to get our attention. "It sounds like somebody needs a little holiday cheer. I know! You could direct the Christmas pageant at the church."

"Hey yeah, that's the worst idea I've ever heard!" Eric sarcastically replies.

"Eric, you used to love that pageant when you were a little boy. And you need some Christmas spirit. And I already signed you up."

"Well, it was fun when we were kids. Then again, so was eating crayons but... yeah, okay. I'll do it."

"Good. Okay, now, Steven... Erin..."

"No!" I reply.

"No!" Hyde repeats.

"Oh. So you won't be in a show about how there was no room at the inn even though this innkeeper gave you a room?"

We both sigh in defeat. "I'll do it."

Eric laughs and looks at us two. "Fa la la la la la la la- boned."

---

Eric is looking at the pageant props while the rest of the gang is just sitting around.

"Guys, check this out. It looks just like when we were kids. And look, the wise-men gifts: gold, myrrh, and.." Eric sniffs what's meant to be frankincense. "Hyde, I think this one's yours."

Hyde nods and catches the flying bag. "That'd be my baggie of frankincense."

"Well, if it isn't Mr. First-time Director." Pastor Dave announces as he walks into the room. "I thought I'd direct, but the church board whose average age is nearly dead feels that I don't speak to the younger generation."

Donna shakes her head and smiles to Dave. "Oh, Pastor Dave, I loved last year's Silent Night, Jazzy Night. It was really funny."

"It was a drama."

"You guys, you guys!" Kelso yells as he runs into the hall. "Great news. Rudolph, Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, The Little Drummer Boy. They're all on TV this week! We can watch 'em!"