The Roadtrip

*Please Note: This Story Takes Place Following A Similar Timeline To That In The Game. Some Events Are Altered, Or Taken Out Of The Story To Fit My Version And Obviously I Have Created And Made Up Huge Sections And Plots. Think Of It As If This Takes Place In An Alternative Universe ( Because We All Know How Much Square Enix and Tabata Like Them ;) )*

The sun shined brightly on the boys as morning broke out over the dusty realm known as Hammerhead. The royal automobile - the Regalia sat shining underneath the rising heat as Cindy, a petite girl with blonde curls in a revealing work outfit that exposed her cleavage, furiously kept scrubbing as her gear-head obsession itched.
"Mornin' boys" her rough accent spoke out.

"Morning" the happy blonde haired boy cheerfully spoke as he tried to conceal his glowing and obvious crush on Cindy.

Prompto pulled out his camera in desperation to catch a photo of Cindy in all her glory before he and his friends headed out. *Click* the camera sounded as Prompto sneakily caught Cindy in his shutters as she leaned over the reflecting trunk of the regalia.

"What have I told you about taking photos without people's permission Prompto?" Noctis laughed with a concerning tone as he snuck up on Prompto.

"I... I didn't mean to!" Prompto cried.
Noctis laughed as he walked towards Cindy, wearing all black as his dark hair absorbed the warm rays of the blazing star.

"Excuse him, he's a little... " Noctis paused for a second before continuing his sentence, taking a short look at Prompto from the distance. A memory stuck from deep inside of him so strong that he snapped out of his preppy and show-off state of mind.

"Different. That's the word". Noct smiled.

The black pools in Prompto's eyes saddened. The negative thoughts began swirling in his head as he tried to create a range of possible words his best friend could've used.
"Useless, pathetic, worthless, dumb, stupid..." The dictionary only continued further in the boy's muddled mind. The child was scarred and although appeared cheerful to the people around him, Prompto was troubled by nightmares and demons; The ones that can not be slayed.

"You coming or what?" A deeper more prominent voice echoed and caught Prompto's attention. Gladiolus, a tall and strong built person who swore to protect the prince Noctis. Prompto always felt like an outcast to the group of friends, especially when he compared himself to the 'all mighty' Gladio. The sand haired boy wore a mask over his demons and lashed out a large smile as he gleefully began walking towards the car.

"How was your trip to dreamland?" An articulate English voice spoke clearly to him. Just the sound of Ignis' voice caused Prompto's mind to race at the thought of the delicious dishes that chef Iggy could prepare.

"Great." Prompto joined in on Iggy's fun. It was as if he never felt down.

The 4 boys had been on a road trip around Lucis ever since their home, the City Of Lucis got destroyed by the enemies known as the Niffelheim. An army that sat too close to
Home for Prompto. Hammerhead was a reoccurring destination that always struck hard at the boys as it was only a few miles away from where they once slept comfortably. The gas station was a refuge point for not only curatives and car repairs, but knowledge and a sense of home too. The missing piece. After the death of Noctis' father, he turned to violence and later friendship to deal with his issues. This friendship created a closer bond with everyone. Yet a stronger one was created with his childhood friend Prompto.Each fight Prompto fought in and each monster or Niflheim he slayed, somewhere deep down a part of him collapsed, even alongside the Kingdom's strongest.

-------------------------------------------------------
Later That Day

The boys crowded together as they came up with a strategy to take down the beast known as the Behemoth. The Prince wielded a sword and used the elements of the earth to back him up, Gladio wielded a heavy sword that was twice the size of the skinny yellow haired boy, Ignis duelled with sharp daggers and a pole arm and last, but not least , Prompto stood tall,defending himself with a trustworthy gun and machinery that he, somehow felt connected to.

The battle was resulting in success until it was the Photographers turn to take a final shot with his trustworthy gun and not his comforting camera.

"Prompto!" Noctis shouted for backup. The boy froze. In bullet time his head began to feel heavy and grew darker with thought. The negativity began building up as he took a moment to look around.

"I'm not strong" He thought as he looked at Gladio

"I'm not brave" He peered at Noct

"I'm not smart" He stared at the ground while imagining Ignis.

"Wake up Prompto!" Gladiolus screamed in anger. The cries of his brothers were merely whispers as his ocean blue eyes began to shut.

"I'm nothing" Tears began strolling down his face as his light body began to fall.

The large hairy beast turned towards the unconscious kid. Its claws sharp enough to tear trees down in one swipe began outstretching from its huge paws. The roar of thunder that moved the dirt outstretched miles as the demon began running towards helpless Prompto. *Slash*

"Prompto!" Noctis shouts alongside Ignis.

The beast disappears into the abyss as Gladio slams it from above. Leaving only its claws behind as they lay embedded in Prompto's stomach and spine. The groans of pain shoots through Noctis' back as he stares in horror at his best friend's shredded and bloody body.

"Give me a goddamn Phoenix down!" Ignis screams.

"We don't have any!" Gladio begins trembling in worry.

"We only have 30 minutes at the least to go to the nearest store to get one. Otherwise... Prompto is gone!" Noctis tried to remain calm while gripping onto Prompto.

"Gladio and I will head off now, but it is dark so I'm afraid it is too dangerous to take the Regalia and God knows how far away the next gas station is..." Ignis speaks in a hurry.

" Just be quick. I will be here and don't worry about me. I can deal with the demons" Noctis announces with hope as he still grips at Prompto.

The two men flee quickly leaving Noctis and Prompto stranded.
"This is my fault" Noctis whispers to the boy. 

"I have never forgotten what you told me that night. I admire you Prompto and your courage to tell me the truth. Yet here I am responsible for what had happened. No matter what you think, I believe you are not worthless and actually deserve every moment of my time. This is the beginning of our journey yet I've already let you down. This won't happen again, I swear!" Noct continues as he breaks out in tears.

The prince was strong and barely ever showed emotion, even when his father died he tried to shy away from the group. Prompto had similar feelings and only ever showed happiness and hid all secrets locked away. Noctis was the only person he told about his dark feelings.

Time was ticking and Prompto was slipping. The pain reeked through his body like a virus, causing immense pain to shoot through his body as both open wounds and poison oozed through his thick blood. No potion could fix this mess as Prompto was different. A secret hidden very far down, buried underneath doubt. A secret that not even Noctis could know.

The chocobo haired boy's screams grew louder as a horde of Demons was attracted.
" Why won't the stupid potions work on you?!" Noctis began panicking.
The prince stood up defenceless as he prepared to kill all. The sky stayed black and appeared as a void with barely any stars to emit light.
There was only 5 minutes left to save Prompto's life and Prince Noctis was prepared to give his all, even if it meant sacrificing his own life.

// Reading back on this chapter now, it does sound dull and is short, but trust me it gets more interesting and much longer in length!//