Reunited

Original Artist of the cover art left this tag on each of their photos:  柿ピー

The water was far beyond the shoulders of the two boys now and despite being in different parts of the city, they were both struggling to swim through the debris filled water. The leviathan's screamed continued to echo as she called out to Noctis for him to prove how worthy he is by slaying her. Luna could only hold her for one more hour or less. They had to hurry.

Prompto struggled to get through one of the main streets which was his quickest option, as large fallen buildings and the Empire's ships were stacked high. The blockage began creating a dam and began to raise the water that Prompto was desperately trying to stay afloat in. He gripped onto a car door that had been torn off and floated above the surface. The waves grew and he swam upwards, still holding tightly onto the debris. The distant sound of gunfire was getting closer to him and he could hear the destruction of buildings that the two parties were causing.

The water at his feet was dark and dirty, polluted with oil and sewage water. He was like a fish in a bowl, desperately trying to swim in the open sea. His grasp tightened on the car door until he managed to keep his head above the liquid. The Lower parts of the city were now completely submerged.

Finally the water stopped raising for now and he threw his arm out slapping onto the surface of the water and breaking it into a ripple. He pushed off of the car door with his remaining strength and made contact with the edge of the top of one of the Empire's ships. He climbed up and collapsed onto his back, staring at the sky and breathing heavily. The rain drops were slowly reducing and pattered less onto Prompto's already damp face. A pool of water formed around him as his clothes were drenched and soaked. He tried to squeeze the water out like a cloth, but even his hands and fingers were too tired and stiff.

Noct thought that he was heading to a safe area where Prompto was supposed to be waiting, somewhere, somehow. However, his troubles only got worse as he watched one of the Empire's large machinery, a bot, get thrown back into building by another piece of machinery. The building crumbled and crashed, Noct jumped backwards and hid around the corner to protect himself from the dust and the mini tsunami that they caused. He looked up to the sky, the same sky that Prompto was looking up at because he knew there was hope. The Prince peered around the corner once more to take a look at the civil war between the two soldiers. Noct recognized the white and purple clothing that one of them was wearing in the cockpit, Ravus. Ravus was fighting his ex-commander Loqi and was winning.

Ravus had a serious look on his face and his long white locks framed and captured his expressions perfectly. His arms thrusted back and forth as he shifted the joysticks in the cockpit, viciously moving the machinery and slamming its limbs into the other. The two sparred and hopped back and forth as they fought like two pirates battling for treasure.

"What are you doing Ravus? What are you trying to achieve?" Noct muttered to himself. Staring at the cuts and bruises on his hands.

Noct ran around the corner to figure out his new plan as Prompto was not part of this battle. His coat blew in the wind behind him like Kingly robes as he ran through the shallower water. The flying cloth caught Ravus' attention and the feather haired man smiled in achievement, but Noct didn't notice that he had been seen. The two continued to battle.

Prompto shot up abruptly after a moment of thought as he stared up at the clearing sky.

"Noct! He could be in that battle!" He stood up, peering at the crumbling walls only a matter of blocks away.

His feet guiding him towards the edge of the debris, he jumped onto the rooftop opposite. The beige tiles were slippery and wet, but Prompto was determined to reach Noctis. He ran across the rooftops with an eagle eye view of the damaged city. The water rising below him and the Leviathan calling. The two giant bots fighting were crashing into eachother, until one of them threw the other into the building causing it to stumble and fall. Luckily Prompto was still a few rooftops away. He hopped and skipped across a few more buildings until finally he reached the wreckage. From above he inspected them, Loqi sat barely moving in the crashed Armour and Ravus grinning mercifully in the armour that stood strongly.