More Questions Than Answers

Ignis and Gladio were quick to act when Prompto fell ill and the two men were the most mature about the situation. This led to them hopping into the Regalia and heading towards the library of Eos where birth and death certificates of every registered person living in areas inside Eos. The nearest branch of the library however sat abandoned, inside the empire controlled walls of Lucis and Iggy and Gladio had no choice but to sneak in. They needed to find answers on why Prompto doesn't respond naturally to healing remedies and to confirm their worries about the young boy as nobody really knew who Prompto really is.

The Regalia looked out of place as it drove swiftly through the suburb streets of Lucis. Rusted and sun-bleached tin cars were all that was left in Lucis after the war and those living inside the Kingdom had the luxury of fancy new cars, the Regalia being the fanciest. This was King Regis' car and much like how Ignis swore to protect Noctis, he swore to protect the car as one of the items to be passed down the Lucian bloodline.

"It's going to be weird heading back here after all this time." Gladio glanced at the high outer walls.

"Indeed." Ignis looked down at the steering wheel.

The sound of mechanical machines was tinkering from the distance- The Empire. On the horizon,  two large machines with legs and turrets patrolled the area, alongside two dozen high powered soldiers. This checkpoint was one of many blocking the main entrance into the Kingdom.

Gladio questioned the situation, "What now?"

"We will go around. The same way child Noctis managed to continuously escape the grasp of the Citadel's guards." Ignis smiled.

"That was not my fault. I was still in training!" Gladio felt burdened.

"The training that needed to teach you how to keep your eyes on the Kingdom's most precious son who also was quite the escape-artist." The spectacle man laughed.

"Let's go before we get caught." Gladiolus rolled his eyes and continued to say, "he's still alive isn't he?"

"For now."

The gentle hiss of the Regalia's engine drifted towards a side road that was unguarded. Huge fallen rocks and debris lay scattered on the outskirts of the walls as Ignis tried his best to weave in and out like a sheep dog. The dust path began to reach a dead end as what was left of a statue of Eos- Goddess of Dawn laid across the road quite peacefully.

"Let's go and be prepared for patrols." Ignis turned the key so that the engine's  purring would stop.

The two men gripped tightly to their weapons as they sneaked up the stone steps,edging closer each time to the side entrance. A red glow could be seen, indicating the presence of The Empire. Small stones crunched underneath the weight of their bodies' as they tip-toed to a wall to use as cover. The large, strong man peeked around the corner to see the sentinels and turned to Iggy, holding up 7 fingers, suggesting that there are 7 counted soldiers.

Empty, metal vessels are all that the Empire are. Lifeless humans forced to succumb a brutal life and had no pure meaning other than to kill. Their origin is unknown to the public and although they are human deep down,  they carry a strain of something that makes them immune to everything, except death by weapon. They do not bleed, only glow red with a toxin that corrupted their bodies and forced them to live the way they do. Some give pity to these metal pigs.

"I count 4 with regular rifles, 2 with great-swords and 1 suicidal bomber." Gladio whispered and Ignis replied with a determined nod.

Ignis quickly took higher ground and remained stealthy until 2 patrols were in his sights. The two steel marksmen marched near Ignis as he jumped off the edge of the rooftop. He had elegance in him and used this to his advantage to perfect his moves. A majestic backflip was performed as his pole-arm appeared from the abyss and was skewered through the heads of the patrols. They fell to their knees and disappeared as Ignis finished his move by landing with his feet firmly on the ground.