The Operation

The boys slept extremely well after their night sleep, despite Prompto being on the floor he had a good rest. However, his tiredness helped mask his pain in his leg, he was now energised and could definitely feel the pain. The sharp shooting sensation woke him up from his extended slumber. He let out a hiss in pain, but quickly covered his mouth as Noct was still sleeping. He tried to close his eyes for a little longer, but his leg was too painful, he decided to leave the room. He peeled the duvet away from his body and attempted to stand on his own two feet. The boy used his arms as a counterweight to balance, but he quickly stumbled into the door and forced it open, crashing to the floor.

"Ouch..." he groaned at himself and then clenched his teeth both in pain and fear that he awoke Noctis. He quickly peered back into the room to see that Noct didn't move a muscle. Still crawling on the floor, Prompto closed the door very slowly and collapsed back onto the carpet, resting his head in relief.

"Everything okay, your honour?" A Glaive stood over his body with a concerned look on her face.

"Honour?..." Prompto was never addressed as that before.
He shook his head and actually responded to the woman.
"Ermm... not really, my leg still hurts pretty bad from Altissia." He grabbed it.

"I'll take you down to the infirmary right away, I'll be right back." She quickly ran off.

"The ship even has an infirmary?... and she called me by honour. Am I dreaming?" He spoke to himself, staring at the industrial looking ceiling.

Prompto was getting injured way too often and it was damaging his body. Everyone by now knew that the end was approaching quickly.

"Here let me help you." The same Glaive cane back around the corner, wheeling in a wheelchair next to Prompto. She helped him to his feet and sat him in the chair.

"The name's Sky." She smiled at him.

"That's a nice name..." he smiled back, but quickly corrected himself as he knew he wasn't supposed to be so laid back with people he doesn't know.
"Sorry... my name's Prompto. You've probably heard about me... the boy that hangs around with the prince, but is weak and is constantly getting injured." He pointed at his leg.

"Nice to meet you, but that's not the stories I've heard. I heard that you helped the prince when he needed you the most, especially during the most recent events, pardon me for the reminder." Her eyes glistened.

"Really?" He looked up at her.

The wheelchair travelled across the floor smoothly and she escorted him into one of the rooms down the corridor. Sky helped Prompto onto the bed and he laid with his body outwards for her to inspect him.

"I've had my fair share in training so I can see what I can do, but if not the doctor is right around the corner." She slapped a glove onto her hand.

"You guys have everything in this ship!" Prompto looked around the room.

"You never know what can happen or when the worlds gonna turn to shit. Gotta be prepared at all times." She shrugged.

"I guess you're right..."

Sky reached into the locked draw and grabbed a potion and was about to give it to Prompto but he placed his hand in front of it.

"They... don't work on me."

"What do you mean?" She lowered her hand.

"I'm... different. They've never worked on me properly and now they've completely stopped." He was sad.

"Looks like we will have to use some traditional methods then..." she rubbed her chin.

Prompto adjusted himself on the bed. Sky lifted his trouser leg carefully and Prompto's leg was exposed. It was bruised badly and Prompto was unaware that part of his bone had actually pierced his skin. She stepped back for a minute.