The Last Stand

This was it- The final standing with humanity balancing in the middle. It was obvious by now that peace settlements were papers full of twisted lies and the ink from the pen made up of spilled blood. The only way out of this was by ending the life of the chancellor, slaughtering him and the innocents of the corrupted humans who once were.

Metal came in contact with metal creating clinking noises that couldn't escape into the world around them and instead resided in the air and the hollowing of the soil. The beauty of the magical particles rising into the heavens above was torn and foreign in this situation, but one couldn't help to stare.

Prompto was still far away from the battle, but he knew it had began. His deep connections to the stolen souls burned inside him. He tried desperately to avoid the nosebleeds and the migraines, but failed in all attempts. The God's were not on anybody's side today. His fingers and nails gripped tightly to the Chocobo's feathers as it raced and weaved in between the trees.

Noctis' main goal was to abolish Ardyn with the fate of the people in his hands. It was obvious to Ardyn that he needed to die, so he easily managed to slip in a few tricks up his sleeves. His first was about to be revealed in the show.

"I've learnt a lot about you all over the weeks. I've witnessed the growth and fall of your relationships and the amont of times you have fallen into trouble yet battled on. You're all resilient... Especially that boy, Prompto. Living in a world full of miracles, yet he falls at the very bottom of the pit. Where is he may I ask?" Ardyn paused and noticed that no one answered for they were busy fighting, but heard every word clearly.

"Stop." He raised his hand and the Army froze temporarily.

Cor's troops also stopped fighting and took a moment to breathe.

"What if I told you I have put the real Prompto somewhere in this army as he fell into the hands off his own curse." He laughed as 3 MT's walked alongside him and crouched on their knees.

Ardyn approached them one by one and ripped their metal helmets off. Revealing exact clones of Prompto in 2 of the MT's and one corrupted human.

"You will never know which one he is. You could've already killed him... or I could be lying all together, but would you risk that?" Ardyn lied perfectly. The group stared at each other in fear before getting lost in the sea of battle as Ardyn commanded them once more.

The real Prompto was oblivious to this and was only a few metres hundred metres away. The feet of his chocobo zoomed through the air and slammed onto the ground.

Out of no where more MT troops began dropping in and were pushing back Cor's army heavily. They now only covered a quarter of the battlefields. Noct was losing quickly and the friendly troops were now dropping like flies and getting killed to Cor's horror. Noct had to make a decision quickly so he crouched down, protecting his body with his sword and thought heavily. He could see Ardyn on the other side of the arena so all he had to do was warp closer to attack him. Without telling the rest of the group, he threw his sword through the air and began edging closer to Ardyn, but in the split seconds he was warping for, he saw something. Ardyn's second illusion and manipulation. 

He saw Prompto in the middle of the MT's getting attacked and overthrown so naturally Noct stopped warping in hopes of aiding him. However, as soon as he made contact with the ground the blonde boy was nowhere to be seen and instead Noct was trapped. Ardyn's voice filled his ears as if speaking a foreign language. Noct fell to his knees and watched as the world around him began transforming into a beautiful landscape with blue flowers, a  light breeze and a young LunaFreya wearing white at the peak of the hill. Noct began believing the trickery as it was beautiful and better- an escape. He aimlessly wandered  over to Luna,pushing away the MT's he couldn't see or feel in his path.