A Rough Area

(Warning: This chapter depicts self harm. Not described in too much detail but is still graphic.)

The ship bobbed up and down over the calm, breaking waves. They crashed into the side of the ship each time causing it to wobble. Ignis helped himself to a glass of water, the sound of melting ice being one of the other only sounds heard.

Prompto moves his fingers across his wrist, brushing them lightly over his branding before gripping tightly on his sprain. His face scrunched up deep in thought.

"Ardyn." He spat out quietly. One of the crew members flinched.

"Huh?" It caught the attention of the others.

"I feel it inside me. Something bad is going to happen..."

"A drink sir?" The crew member lowered his platters where a freshly poured glass of water sat.

"No. I'm fine, thanks." He swiped him away and swerved his body around to maintain the conversation.

Gladio made a light noise as he thought to himself. "No, I think Prompto is actually onto something. Nothing bad has happened for a while. We're jinxed."

"It cant be as bad as growing up as the prince of Lucis.." Noct began to speak, selfish as usual when annoyed.

"There are far worse matters at the moment Noct." Iggy disapproved.

"Luna will receive the Leviathans blessing and we will be told to wait. My royal armoury isn't growing anytime soon. I doubt I truly am the chosen king." Noctis spoke.

"You have got to be! Who else could it be?" Prompto attempted to show support.

"The only Lucian left." Iggy looked at Noct. "You can not stand down now."

"I won't."

The two crew members standing by exchanged a baffling glance before stepping in between Prompto and the others on the outdoor sofas once more.

"Can we Please talk to eachother In privacy. We do not need your-" Gladio tried to shoo them away. They did not let out a peep to the large man, instead stared at Prompto.
The long, silver haired girl inched closer to the blonde boy and she lowered her sliver platter.
"Nice tattoo." She grabbed his wrist without consent.

"Thanks?" He forced his wrist back.

"Don't touch him!" Noctis could see in the reflection on the glass what was happening.

"Be quiet, pretty boy." She replied with her sexier tone.

Unexpectedly the other crew member walked towards Prompto with a sharp silver knife in his hand and pointed it at his neck. Gladio quickly hopped to his feet.

"One more step and this pierces his throat." The man screamed.

Everyone's faces lost their colour and they sat in disbelief. Prompto swallowed hard and tried not to flinch too much. The silver haired girl also looked down at the knife before smirking. This alarmed Prompto and thought they were both going to attack him, but this was until she slapped his hands and forced the knife out. It bounced onto the wooden deck and slid near the edge. She gripped his arms and spun him around, forcing him onto his knees with his arms behind his back. The man began laughing.
"You've been working with me for too long, betrayer." He raised his head, a black liquid oozing from his eyes and mouth. He threw his body sideways, prying loose from the girls grip and lunged towards the knife. Gladio shot up and stood on his hand before he could grab it. The man looked towards the floor once more, breathed heavily and looked back up, staring at both Noctis and Prompto in the eyes. His appearance had changed. He now has red hair, stubble and a memorable voice. Ignis and Gladio instantly knew who he was.