The King, Oracle, Jester and Knights.

The gentle purr of the speedboat aroused LunaFreya's ears who could barely stand any longer.  Gladio held her at her side to keep her standing and holding back the Leviathan. He turned in relief to see the three alive on the boat, but the exhaustion in his face showed them that he too couldn't hold out for much longer. Noct shot up and sprung his body off of the boat and onto the dock before Iggy even finished parking the boat, but flinched at the pain in his ribs. His towel flew off his body and blew away in the strong wind behind him. By now the sun had set and the stars sparkled over Altissia.

Noct sprinted for Luna, catching her before she hit the ground. Her body was frail and tired after using all her energy. Gladio stumbled backwards and tumbled to the floor, his body also giving out. Iggy helped the weak Prompto out of the boat, he had the towel draped over his head and his body trembling. Prompto and Gladio found shelter next to the modified Regalia and breathed heavily. The fight hadn't even begun.

Noct cradled Luna in his arms, holding onto her with his remaining strength. She looked up to him with wide eyes and a glisten Of hope. Without speaking she took his hand and stroked his ring and she smiled back at him.

"Just a cheap ring." He smiled back.

She lost her smile and shook her head disagreeing with him. She placed her palm over the jewellery and her arm glowed a bright yellow, the twinkle traveling down her arm and into her fingertips. The plain black ring began to fill with the sea of gold, the Oracle's magic.  She outstretched her other arm to signal Prompto to come over, but he didn't notice.

"Prompto!" Noct raised his voice in Luna's place. It was breaking as a lump in his throat formed. The boy lifted his head and began crawling over as his leg was still injured.

Luna also took his hand and filled his ring with the magic. It reflected into his ocean blue eyes.

"So this is what it meant by protection." Prompto spoke with a broken voice. He then remembered the ring for Luna so he nudged Noct to encourage him to bring it out.

Noctis remained calm during this situation, but Luna wasn't doing well and her body was still weakening. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the LunaStone ring and placed it on her finger.

"An official ring to mark us  together." Tears began forming in his eyes,but he tried to hide them. He knew she wasn't going to last long.

She smiled and was delighted to see the ring,  but her expression changed.

"If I die... The ring will lose it's power." She managed to let out a sentence, rubbing the ring on Noct's finger.

"The power is nothing to me. I waited years to give this to you." Noct continued.

"Can't you see it? The ring is only activated by soulmates.  The power will only work for both of you if one of you sacrifice yourself in the end. You have a piece of me with you at all times now to help the stone work. My magic I put in your matching rings."  She coughed after speaking.

Prompto and Noct exchanged worrying glances.

"Isn't your sacrifice enough?" Noct began to cry.

She shook her head and began to cry too.

"As Oracle I am a protector. With my life I am supposed to sacrifice myself for you and others. The ring has no effect on me the same I can have no effect on it. It revealed itself because of your connection to Prompto." Her voice was fading.

"We need to leave her rest!" Prompto was growing in worry.

Noct wiped his tears and carried Luna into the modified Regalia in hopes that she could regain strength and heal herself. Gladio stood up and was prepared to help fight the Leviathan where Iggy was still stood in disbelief at the whole situation. Prompto went up to Noct and patted him on the back.