Prompto's calling.

Supplies were running low and they owned very little potions. The nearest store was too far away, the hunter HQ next to the Vesperpool. The desperation came to the point where there needed to be a meeting with a stronger face in charge for a little while. Gladio reached out to Cor.

The phone rang for a couple of seconds until Cor was quick to pick up.

"Cor?"

"It's me. Is everything okay?"

"Not really. We need your help... desperately."

"I'll be there as fast as I can. Where are you?"

"Coernix Bypass."

"What on Earth are you doing there of all places?!"

"It's a long story. I will explain when you get here." Gladio's voice was tired.

Cor ended the call and made his way swiftly.
The rest of the group came into the diner and sat at a booth. Noct was exhausted and felt weak without his ring. Prompto was grasping onto the last strand of hope, he was going to break any moment now and Iggy too was battered and tired, he hasn't taken anymore potions as the stock was so sparse. They awaited for Cor's help.

"We need to devise a plan." Iggy rested his hands on the table.

"There's not much left for us to do... we just need to push on one last time." Gladio gleaned as a beacon of hope.

Noct was uncomfortable.
"There is no way we are winning against Ardyn now. It's too late. He has a whole army dammit!"

Prompto remained silent, looking out the window through the shutters for Cor.

"If only there was a way to get rid of the army. Deactivate them? Or maybe a diversion?." Gladio thought.

"It would be a good idea... but that's way too much time and a valuable effort on our lives and supplies to break into the Niflheim base." Iggy shook his head.

"We also need better weapons... but the nearest shops are too far and everything has been scavenged here." Noct made a fist.

"I have an idea." Prompto finally spoke up from the depths.

They all turned to him.

"I can move the army away... it won't be for long, but you guys have seen my power. I can do it."

"No... I mean you nearly died in the kitchen controlling one of them!" Noct disagreed with him.

"Like I have said many times before. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to take. Besides, I was super weak back then... if I can regain some strength then maybe, just maybe I can control them all. They will be like sheep... just following the crowd." Prompto explained.

"It's worth a shot..." Iggy agreed.

Noctis' face sunk into the ground as a realisation washed over him.

"Noct? You okay?" Gladio noticed.

His voice became shaky.
"If I'm the chosen king... the King of light... then I need the crystal to aid me. I no longer have the ring... I don't know if that's possible or not... Ardyn's blood runs deep with the starscourge, a disease that can only be cured by the purity of the light."

"There must be another way..." Iggy looked at him.

"I mean... I don't know... I need the Kings." Noct shook his head around. He fell silent for a moment and then his head shot up, facing the sky. His eyes turned as white as snow.

"Noct?!" Prompto grabbed onto him as he faded into another world.

In front of the King's very eyes were the Kings of Yore. They surrounded him in a blue plain, an abyss.