Strength Restored

Prompto shot up from his sleep, a nightmare from his slumber. He took a deep breath as he noticed his surroundings, he was safe. His eyebrow raised and his tired eyes burned  as he scanned the area, he laid on the hard concrete surrounded by nature next to last nights campfire.
"Must've fallen asleep before I could get to bed." He laughed at himself.
There was a heavy presence across his legs, a black leather jacket embroidered with skull buttons- Noct's jacket. Prompto gripped it off of his legs and swung it over his shoulder,
"Thanks Noct for keeping me warm." A growing smile lit up his face.

Suddenly a warming aroma filled his nose with an explosion of scents. Eggs, bacon and pancakes were frying by none other but Ignis. Prompto's heart pounded in excitement as he leaped onto his feet.

"Mornin', It's good to see you up on your feet again." Prompto approached the chef.

"Nice to see you awake, surprised you slept as long as you did, what with you sleeping on the cold hard ground." Iggy pointed with the spatula.

"I must've been real tired." He yawned in response.

"Breakfast will be served as soon as the others come back." Iggy smiled.

"Huh? Noct's awake early again?" Prompto was stunned.

"Gladio encouraged him. Said the 'liege of the lake' lives in the vesperpool." Iggy also spoke in disbelief.

"Isn't that so?" Prompto rubbed his chin.

"They better be back soon or the food will be cold!" Iggy sounded distressed.

"Don't worry, I'll go get them, I need to return the prince's jacket anyway." Prompto began walking.

"He truly cares for you." Iggy's voice was heard through the sizzling of the bacon.

His heavy boots crunched the leaves into the luscious green grass as he pranced like a child.  It was a glorious day, a warm wide sun looking down onto Lucis. Prompto whistled the Chocobo song as he skipped closer towards the fishing point where Noct and Gladio were said to be. His whistling stopped as he heard Noct struggling and Gladio groaning on the wooden deck.

"Is the fish that big?" Prompto was lost for words.

He quickened his pace into a small jog in order to see the beast be reeled in. In front of his very eyes a fish the size of Gladio emerged from the water, it's scales glistened under the sun and glowed with an oil slick like colour. Prompto quickly whipped out his camera and snapped the moment to saviour it.

"Nice one!" Prompto applauded.

Noct turned to look at Prompto, beads of sweat running down his face.
"Quite the catch!"

"You've made history!" Gladio punched his back.

"My jacket!" Noct let go of the fish and the weight of it dragged Gladio down. He ran over to Prompto to collect his jacket once more.

"Thanks for letting me use it." Prompto presented the coat.

"Thank you For keeping it safe. I don't feel like me without it!" Noct smiled while putting it on.

"Hey Noct! Don't leave me with this, we all need to carry it!" Gladio shouted while even he struggled with the fish's weight.

"Right! Sorry!" Noct ran over to lift it's tail.

"Iggy's waiting, with breakfast!" Prompto also ran over to help out.

The three carried the fish up hill with great difficulty until finally it reached the peak.

"Good lord!" Iggy spoke out in shock at the giant fish approaching him.

"Caught our food for the next week or so." Noct laughed while holding up his thumb.