"I Am Strong"

After two days of resting and no sign of Ignis and Gladio returning, the two boys began to worry. Noctis kept reaching at his phone at the slightest noise, to the point it was an obsession when there was no notification.

"We have to go look for them." Prompto spoke worryingly.

"I will. You stay here and rest, you can barely walk let alone fight!" Noct protested.

"I'm strong Noct. Please, they went out there looking for answers about me. I should be the one responsible for what's happened to them." 

"Don't say that. It's not your fault and we don't know what's happened to them yet. For all we know it could just be their phones have no charge or service."

"It could just be" Prompto quoted Noct.

Prompto threw the duvet off of his body, angered that he is still bed-bound. He attempted to swing his legs over the bed but squealed in pain as his lower stomach reeked with pain.

"Hey, be careful!" Noct reached out to comfort Prompto.

"It's the same thing all over again." Prompto rolled his eyes.

"What is?"

"I'm always the one responsible for the things that happen to everybody else and on top of all
That I end up injured because I'm weak and constantly feel worthless. I don't belong with you guys." Prompto spat.

"Don't start this again. No matter what you are one of us. Remember ? 'Ever at your side '?" Noct quoted himself. 

Prompto only replied with a groan as he burrowed his head into his pillow. He was suddenly startled by a vibrating phone. His phone lit up violently shaking and was the moment the two were waiting for, but for a moment Noctis hesitated to pick it up, he prepared himself for the worst and gripped tightly to the phone as if it were a relic.

"H...Hello?" It was an unknown number and Noct questioned wearily.

"Noctis?" A deeper voice replied.

"Cor?!" Noct raised eyebrow while staring at Prompto.

"Thank God your alive. Why didn't Prompto answer his own phone? Please tell me he's okay."

"Yes, he's fine. Well sort of. He got injured pretty badly a few weeks back, still hasn't recovered and we don't know why. Gladio and Iggy were supposed to go out to look for answers but.."

Cor cut him off, "About them..."

"What's happened?" Noct screamed as he stood up quickly.

"They called me. I heard explosions and I assumed they were both injured. They didn't speak to me so immediately I tracked the call and am heading towards their location now."

Prompto twiddled his thumbs as he awaited to see what Cor had to say

"I'm coming. Right now. If anything has happened to them..." Noct paced himself by walking back and forth.

"You can't!"

"I am!"

There was a long pause between the two. Cor replied with a sigh.
"Meet me at hammerhead"
*click* the call ended.

Noctis hurried over to the chair to put his jacket on and to grab his gear.
"Wherever your going, I'm coming too!" Prompto reached out for Noct.

"You're injured!" Noct had no time to waste and dismissed Prompto by walking towards the door. He reached out for the door handle and took one last look at Prompto who laid in bed, unable to do anything.  The door swung open and slammed shut.