Trapped

There was only a rising ringing sound that burrowed into the skulls of Gladio and Iggy. A pain that couldn't be described and was definitely not deserved. The two men were sprawled out on the floor, lifeless and couldn't move a muscle. They were paralysed, but could hear and see everything. 

The room was lit blood red and the floor was metal caging that overlooked the many hundreds of floors. A death drop. As the faces of Gladio and Iggy were pushed tightly against be black metal, they were staring at their utter most death.

"Now now boys, I wouldn't dare to hurt you both. You're both oh so precious." A charming yet deceiving voice was loudly heard.

"A...Ar..Ardyn." Gladio managed to speak out while struggling.

A building anger burnt from inside Iggy as he was reminded of his misfortunate. The extra precious became too much and warm blood began oozing from his nostrils and ears.

"Stop!" Iggy managed to scream out.

Surprisingly the strong gravitational force stopped and Iggy and Gladio were left free to move once more.

"You do realise why you're here... don't you?" Ardyn's voice was heard once more.

"We found your documents." Iggy spat his running blood onto the side of the cage.

"No. I don't care about that."

A confused expression grew on Gladio's face "Huh?"

"It's your dear boy Prompto." It was as if Ardyn was smirking even though he wasn't to be seen.

"What have you done with him?!" Gladio stands up and punches the side of the cage causing it to vibrate.

"I wouldn't dare to touch one of my own." Ardyn laughs.

"What?" Iggy readjusts his glasses.

"Oh he hasn't told you? This will be interesting." Ardyn giggles.

The two men just stare at each other. The same expression grows on their faces as they feel many mixed emotions. Ignis tries to remember his encounters with Prompto and Gladio tries to decipher what Ardyn meant.

Ignis is stumped. "This doesn't make sense. What did he mean?"

"Prompto is just an ordinary boy. He's too simple to be anything significant."

"Hey don't be like that. Although he is sometimes a group let down ... we do need him." Ignis considers.

Suddenly Ardyn interrupts, "I've taped that, will come useful later on."

"You monster!" Gladio shouts at the never ending  ceiling.

Time passes quickly as both the men are sat waiting for something to happen. It is not long before they head distant sounds of gunfire.