CHAPTER 10

I followed the woman down another long hall. And she pulled back a curtain and pointed to a desk thingy

I stood there and waited till an old, not nice looking man arrived

"Ticket and Identification." He ordered.

I handed him it. And he held my picture up. And looked my ticket and scanned it. The computer beeped and flashed red. That's not a good sign.

He stared at my ticket and read it over

He typed away with a focused face. I read his name tag and it said Bernard. Bernard typed and typed.

B: "Hmmm I see the problem here."
Y/N: "What? What is it?"
B: "It's you."

Y/N: "What?....."
B: "Are you a Canadian citizen?"
Y/N: "Yes."
B: "You immigrated to Canada from the United States?"
Y/N: "Yes."
B: "How long have you lived in Canada?"
Y/N: "About 10 years."
B: "No."

Y/N: "No? I've lived in Canada for 10 years."
B: "No it will be 10 years in December."
Y/N: "With all do respect sir.  I've been here for 10 years. It was ten years in June. You're wrong."
B: "Young lady are you antagonizing a government officer?"

Y/N: "No, of course not. I'm just saying that you're incorrect about my information."

B: "I've been working here for decades. I know how to read files. Unless you're suggesting that you're own files are wrong. Setting you up for fraudulence. Which is very illegal."

Y/N: "No that's not at all what I'm saying!"
B: "You have not served your 10 years away from the United States-"
Y/N: "10 years? I was literally in the States last summer for-"
B: "No interruptions!"

B: "You will have completed your 10 year term from the States in December. Immigration policies have changed since last summer since President Trump has stepped into office. Due to the information found in your files, you have to serve 10 years. There is a fear of you overstaying your visit. The President is trying to cut down on illegal Immigrants. You will be denied entry into the country until December 6, 2017. Here is your passport have a nice day."